Solved

Can't log in using PIN - Samsung Galaxy S devices

Since I installed the app on my S20 I can only log in using password and not my pin. It is set to use pin but always wants the passwod

icon

Best answer by Rory 31 October 2020, 11:41

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @pgdg,

Please can you try reinstalling the app to see if this allows you to set the app to use the PIN method rather than the password method?

Ryan

I have reinstalled the app on 5 different times and i can only log in using the password and not the pin, i set the app for the pin but it always asks for the password

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @pgdg 

I’m sorry to see this post was not responded to.

Can you please confirm if this issue has resolved?

Thanks,

Pearl

the issue is not resolved

Userlevel 1

I'm having the exact same issue, I want to log in my a pin code but it insists on using username and password 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Bazza1966 

What phone are you using currently?

Is both the phone firmware and the iD Mobile App up to date with the latest version?

Are you at least able to log in ok with the username/ password online or through the app?

Userlevel 1

I've got a Samsung s9+ with the latest firmware and my id mobile app is up to date thanks

I can log in ok through username and password but would prefer to use a pin code

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Bazza1966,

Is there an option to “Remember my details” when logging in?

Will

Userlevel 1

No option to remember my details. It only allows me to log in with username and password even though I've chosen pin for logging in

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the App yet @Bazza1966?

Will

Userlevel 1

Yes will I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled it

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Bazza1966,

So we can pass this error back as feedback, please can you confirm the Android software version that your Samsung S9+ is currently running on and what version of our app you currently have installed?

Thanks,
Ryan

Userlevel 1

My s9+ is running on android version 10 and the ID Mobile app is on version 3.0.0

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thanks for confirming that, @Bazza1966. I’ve now reported this to the Development Team so hopefully a fix isn’t too far away.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Thank you Rory.

Userlevel 1

Google has partly fixed this problem by remembering my details so all I have to do is type the first letter of my username and my details pop up thanks to Google then I can sign in with one more step

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh well that’s positive and good to know!

Cheers for sharing @Bazza1966 

Will

Userlevel 1

It's actually easier than typing in your 4 digit pin.

If anyone asks this in future then I suggest they get Google to remember their password on their phone

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers @Bazza1966!

I’ve just got someone asking about it now, so i’ll be sure to share that.

Will

Why iD Mobile?