Solved

Can't log into app

• 4 December 2018
  • 34 replies

App will not let me sign in I have had a live chat with ID and still not able to log in,on putting my details into the computer it comes up with the message something is wrong. Despite all my details being correct and confirmed as correct on the live chat
icon

Best answer by Ryan 7 December 2018, 16:13

View original

34 replies

Badge +10
Hi welcome to the ID community,

First of all you will need an active account for the app to work.

Secondly you may have better luck uninstalling the app and then adding it back.

Lastly any Android version of 4.4 or less will not work and will return error messages about an insecure connection (You can see what version you have from settings/about mobile)
you will need to update to a newer version of android or continue using a web browser to log in.
https://my.idmobile.co.uk/

You get more functionality out of a web browser than the app anyway, in my opinion.

Try using wifi incase there is an issue with your data connection
I have a windows phone and so far it seems that I will have to return to the carphone warehouse shop to get anything done. I did have a live chat but unfortunately the operator could not resolve the problem
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @smokeyjoe,

When you're trying to register, please can you ensure that the mobile phone number used is the one that we assigned to you? If this has been tried, let us know so we can assist further.

Ryan
Yes the phone number is the one that I transferred from my previous network. The live chat agent confirmed all my details were correct but no luck with changing password or logging into the app
I went into the carphone warehose shop in St Austell and the assistant said that she could not help at all. So a waste of my time going there I thought that at least they would be able to reset the password or see what is wrong with the details being put in. According to the live chat that I had all the details that I entered are correct but it still says something wrong. So at the moment the app is useless to me
does anyone know if this app only works on an android phone, as I have a windows phone and the app will not let me log in at all. Despite all my details being correct and confirmed as correct. The store was a complete waste of my time said they could not help at all, so at the moment I am disappointed in customer service. I thought that at least the carphone warehouse store would have tried to help
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @smokeyjoe,

Upon further investigation, the app is currently only supported on Android and iOS devices, so I apologise for the inconvenience caused so far.

I'll contact our App Team about this, to see if they can update the Windows Store to reflect this. If they, however, advise me of a working app for your phone, I'll be back in touch.

Ryan
I would have thought that the carphone warehouse shop would have known this instead of telling me that they could not help at all,surely the staff should know which phones it would work on. Please give the staff the knowledge to help customers as that is what shop work is about. I have done shop work for many years and was taught that customer service is apriority not to say I can't help quite offhand
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Thank you @smokeyjoe; your feedback will be taken on board. In the meantime, you'll be best accessing your account via our website here: https://my.idmobile.co.uk

Ryan
Logging onto your website is ok with internet explorer but I normally use Edge and I am unable to log on using Edge so something else that could maybe get sorted
Im having same issues cant log in . I only set it up and i have put wrong address in so i now have a bill pending and no sim .. help please
I phoned 7777 from my phone I think you can pay your bill this way. I got my remaining minutes this way and I am sure that one of the options given is to make a payment
I dont have an id sim yet after setting up i looked at email and relised it had choosen the 1st one for my postcode . Iv tried contacting id various way to no avail .
Have you tried going into a carphone warehouse shop or any other independent mobile phone shop so see if they can help
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I dont have an id sim yet after setting up i looked at email and relised it had choosen the 1st one for my postcode . Iv tried contacting id various way to no avail .

Hello @Katiecat,

I can see we replied to you here regarding this.

Have you managed to get this resolved? If not, please can you reply directly on your topic to ensure this is not missed.

Mohammed
No this issue has not been resolved because I have a windows phone and the app does not work on windows, I was extremely disappointed at the attitude of staff in the shop. Told me that my phone was at fault and Microsoft don't make phones anymore. Whilst I agree that Microsoft don't make phones anymore the phone works perfectly well and there is nothing wrong with it. Staff should know that the app only works Android not dismiss me with saying that my phone is at fault. I feel that the staff have a very offhand attitude and do not have enough knowledge
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @smokeyjoe

We're terribly sorry to hear how things have gone down in the store you had visited. If this was a Carphone Warehouse you had visited and you wish to make a complaint there, we'd advise getting in touch with the Carphone Warehouse Customer Service Team or their Social Media Team on Twitter or Facebook. We can totally empathise with how frustrating that process has been though.

Are you able to at least log in to your iD Mobile account by using our website (through your phone or computer)?

As things should at least work there.
the only way I can get to my account is through 7777 on my phone cannot access it via edge on my computer only through internet explorer then it is very reluctant to let me log in. So for the moment I use 7777 and that work ok to keep a check on my usage
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
the only way I can get to my account is through 7777 on my phone cannot access it via edge on my computer only through internet explorer then it is very reluctant to let me log in. So for the moment I use 7777 and that work ok to keep a check on my usage

Hi @smokeyjoe

My colleague @Mohammed was replying to @Katiecat in regards to their access, so sorry for any confusion caused.

You would be best to continue using the browser for access to your account as our Windows Phone app is currently not supported.

Ryan
Right to date this app problem is still ongoing, at Christmas I received a brand new Android tablet computer, so I though great I will be able to put the ID app on this. No such luck I still get the message that something is wrong, despite the fact that I have had an online chat and all my details are correct, I still can't download the app,no matter what I do I get the same message
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi @smokeyjoe

Sorry to hear things aren't working as they should! 😞

What error message are you receiving when you try to download the app?
Could also you provide what make and model of your device you're trying to download the app on please?

Using the website is your best alternative to access your account.

Regards

Dan
Ok so still not been sorted . But id has taken a bill and still no sim ... i spoke with tonto not mohammed and very rude no help what so ever . I have been sick over christmas . Genuine mistake on my part for putting in incorrect address but the app is zero
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Katiecat,

I have replied to your previous post here and I've yet to receive a reply back from you. My message there explains what we can do to help you further. If you can take another look and give it a try, that would be the best way forward here.

Thanks,
Ryan
Hi Dan thank you for replying to my problem the web site will not let me log in at all it does not like edge so I use internet explorer but all I get is oops something is wrong. I have had a live chat and confirmed that all my details are correct. I have a brand new RCA android tablet and on trying to download the app still get the message oops something is wrong. So at the moment the only way that I get information on my account is 7777 on my phone
Userlevel 1
Server is down the app on my phone won't even get past the welovom screen. Reinstalled twice.

Internal problem this

Needs investigating

Why iD Mobile?