Solved

Can't login to the App using Pin or Fingerprint

Userlevel 1

I can't login to the iD Mobile app using Pin or Fingerprint. It's annoying having to use email and password to log in every time. If there is anybody in iD Mobile out there, perhaps you can explain to all of us that have this problem, what is being done about it and when will you have it sorted out. If it's still broken at the end of this month I'll be walking. It's also amazing that I'm dealing with a communications business and I can't talk to anyone.

icon

Best answer by Pearl_c6 17 June 2020, 15:18

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Harvey195 

Can you please confirm the handset you are using?

Regards

Aklima

Userlevel 1

Hi Aklima,

The handset is a Huawei P30 6* using Android 10.

Regards

Harvey

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Harvey195 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Our team have worked hard to ensure the app functions securely on all the latest browsers and devices, however, recent Android 10 Operating System updates have made some key changes to the way biometric login functions work on devices with this feature.  As always, our priority of keeping the security of customers’ accounts in mind, we made the decision to hold back from delivering biometric capability on Android 10 for this particular update to the iD Mobile app.   We can confirm that biometric login functionality is supported on Android 9 platforms.

As an alternative, an option is to utilise Samsung Pass,  the inbuilt password manager available on Samsung devices. This will allow you to save your iD Mobile password and access the iD Mobile app through Samsung Pass using biometric authentication. 

We will be looking to update Android 10 biometric functionality support as soon as possible.

If are you are trying to use biometric capability on Android 9 and you are finding this is not functioning properly, please can you let us know.

Many thanks

Userlevel 2

Fingerprint not working on Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E, Android 9 either!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Kurtph1969 

My understanding is as they are running off Android this is the reason.

Can you confirm if you upgraded to Android 10?

Aklima

Userlevel 2

Hi @Kurtph1969 

My understanding is as they are running off Android this is the reason.

Can you confirm if you upgraded to Android 10?

Aklima

Hi Aklima,

Thanks for your reply. As it clearly states in my previous post, the tablet is on Android 9 (Pie). The Samsung Galaxy S5E tab is not due to receive the Android 10 upgrade until July. So clearly, ID Mobile saying that it is an issue with Android 10 isn’t true.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Kurtph1969 

Sorry about this. 

I have sent you a private message. 

Regards

Aklima

Userlevel 1

I also cannot log in using either method. I have a Galaxay A6 with Android 10?

Userlevel 2

Hi @Kurtph1969 

Sorry about this. 

I have sent you a private message. 

Regards

Aklima

I had a comment back on my review in the Google Play Store. The developers are working on a fix for this.

Userlevel 1

Any idea on time to fix? Online Chat were not able to answer any part of my question - disappointed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Andy59 @Kurtph1969 

Can you please confirm if you’re still facing the same issue?

Thanks,

Pearl

Userlevel 1

Yes I still cannot log in to my Mobile ID with anything other than the :, User Name and Password. 

This is also the same situation for my wife's ID Account

Userlevel 2

Hi @Andy59 @Kurtph1969 

Can you please confirm if you’re still facing the same issue?

Thanks,

Pearl

Sorry it's still not working on Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E 😲

Userlevel 1

Yes still the same.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Andy59 @Kurtph1969 

I’ll get someone to pick this up for you and they’ll contact you via a private message shortly.

Pearl

Userlevel 2

Still broken for me and my tablet got the update to Android 10 😥

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Kurtph1969 

The fingerprint login is still being worked on behind the scenes.  We need to be 100% sure of it’s accuracy and ensure no security exploits can be made through the app on Android.

It’s a feature we know people love, so rest assured once we can have it back we’ll roll that out in an update to the App itself.  Fingers crossed the wait won’t be too much longer at this point.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Kurtph1969 

The fingerprint login is still being worked on behind the scenes.  We need to be 100% sure of it’s accuracy and ensure no security exploits can be made through the app on Android.

It’s a feature we know people love, so rest assured once we can have it back we’ll roll that out in an update to the App itself.  Fingers crossed the wait won’t be too much longer at this point.

Hi Kevin,

That’s good to know. Thank you for the update!

Why iD Mobile?