Solved

Can't register an account as details aren't correct

• 7 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have just receive a sim but it won't let me register for an account with the phone number, my name and date of birth. It says one of them is wrong but they aren't. There is nothing I can do to try and register without those details. It's possible that iD has the wrong details for me but how can I check?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 February 2019, 13:17

View original

2 replies

Dear Harrison,

Please confirm with your hospital where you were born, get the correct information from them.
The name registered there in the hospital maybe different or maybe your date of birth too.

Then after getting the correct info, visit iD office and tell them the problem. if they are in good mood, maybe they will tell you to wait for 2-5 days, else they will ignore you ,because they do not have time and they are very very busy attending to other customers problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Dear Harrison,

Please confirm with your hospital where you were born, get the correct information from them.
The name registered there in the hospital maybe different or maybe your date of birth too.

Then after getting the correct info, visit iD office and tell them the problem. if they are in good mood, maybe they will tell you to wait for 2-5 days, else they will ignore you ,because they do not have time and they are very very busy attending to other customers problems.

Hello @dsrahul, we wouldn't ask you to visit your hospital to obtain this information.

Answering to both, you'll need to register with the following details:

Account holders last name
Account holders date of birth
iD Mobile number (the one connected on the SIM, not one you want to port over).

You'll need to double check all of the details being entered are correct.

The most common mistake is that you're entering the number you want to keep. The number to enter would be the one on your SIM packet, order confirmation or can be found by putting the SIM in the phone and ringing a friend or family.

By "Account holder" we refer to the name of the person who made the purchase not the intended user.
For example, if you have purchased the contract for a family member, you would still be the account holder and therefore your details are required in order to register.

If all of those details are correct and you are using the correct number, when I would believe that the information such as last name/date of birth was entered incorrectly during registration (which is quite common).

If so, please email us
Along with your:

• Full name
  • Full address with postcode
  • iD Mobile number
  • Date of birth.

We can then double check the details and correct any errors for you.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?