Solved

Can't register for an iD account?

• 2 September 2020
  • 9 replies

When trying to access my account online, keep getting this message

"Your iD plan ended more than 6 months ago, so your online account has now been closed. If you need help, please call our customer services team on 0333 003 7777."

And no-one answers the phone at this number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 4 September 2020, 13:53

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @idmobileisbobbins 

Once an account is disconnected, you would only have a limited amount of time to access that account after the fact.

If you could give us a general idea of how we can help though, we’ll do all we can for you through here.

-Reconnect the online account
-Get some human beings to answer the phone

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @idmobileisbobbins,

What is it you’re requiring assistance with specifically? Chances are, we’ll be able to sort it for you right here.

Will

What part of

is not clear?

I would like to see the account and data status online as I used to be able to do before ID mobile closed this down. 

Why is it that trying to log in with the original email address and original password leads to the unhelpful message (copied in my first post) and the only way beyond ID mobile’s unanswered contact number (copied in my first post) is a new online account registration requiring a new email address? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @idmobileisbobbins,

The error meesage you advised us of stated “Your iD plan ended more than 6 months ago, so your online account has now been closed. If you need help, please call our customer services team on 0333 003 7777”. If the line has been closed for 6 mounths, there would be no data usage to track. Or are you advising that the line itself is still in fact active?

Will

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What part of

is not clear?

I would like to see the account and data status online as I used to be able to do before ID mobile closed this down. 

Why is it that trying to log in with the original email address and original password leads to the unhelpful message (copied in my first post) and the only way beyond ID mobile’s unanswered contact number (copied in my first post) is a new online account registration requiring a new email address? 

Hello @idmobileisbobbins,

If you’ve left iD Mobile and re-joined you will need to register for a new iD account online with a different email username.

If you have a GMail address, you can put a full stop somewhere in the email and it should work.

e.g.  thisismyemail@gmail.com is also this.is.myemail@gmail.com as GMail emails work this way.

Mohammed

Yes Mohammed - but why?
We have not left ID mobile, yet ID mobile has left us. Outside the online account system. Why not let us use the same email address? What kind of backwards thinking is behind this? Have a nice weekend.

(oh and while we’re on the subject of ID mobile’s utter stupidity - what about folks who don’t have gmail email addresses?)

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @idmobileisbobbins, I’m sorry to hear you feel this way, and we’ll certainly take your feedback on board. I hope you have a lovely weekend, too.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?