Solved

Can't return to old iD account

• 3 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I have just tried to get with iD again, having been with them before and then switched to other networks. I entered my old email address and password and it said that account had been closed and 'if I needed help' phone the service number. Of course the office is closed as I'm ringing in the evening.

I tried to register a new account with the same email address and password and it says "that email address is already associated with an existing account, use another one" and won't let me go further.

So iD has closed my old account down so I can't resume it, but still considers it existing when I try to re-register with the same details. Is it closed or is it ongoing? Seems like iD is trying to have it both ways. How come they don't make it possible for people to either resume old accounts, or create new accounts with the same details? There's nothing wrong with my email address and password, they're not compromised in any way.

Ridiculous, and not good enough. I intended to get all this sorted out this evening.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 14 October 2019, 17:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have just tried to get with iD again, having been with them before and then switched to other networks. I entered my old email address and password and it said that account had been closed and 'if I needed help' phone the service number. Of course the office is closed as I'm ringing in the evening.

I tried to register a new account with the same email address and password and it says "that email address is already associated with an existing account, use another one" and won't let me go further.

So iD has closed my old account down so I can't resume it, but still considers it existing when I try to re-register with the same details. Is it closed or is it ongoing? Seems like iD is trying to have it both ways. How come they don't make it possible for people to either resume old accounts, or create new accounts with the same details? There's nothing wrong with my email address and password, they're not compromised in any way.

Ridiculous, and not good enough. I intended to get all this sorted out this evening.

Hello @matmcv,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues registering.

Unfortunately, at this moment in time, it's not possible to un-link an email from an account, though this with many other account related feedback has been passed on internally to look at fixing in the future.

The only way to re-register is with a new email.

The email username entered here is treated as a text username.

We wouldn't contact you on this email, it'll always be the contact email address we'll get in touch with you on.
This can be updated in your account once logged in.

If you've got a GMAIL account, you're in luck.

GMAIL emails allow the placement of periods in-between the email which still counts it as the same email.

For example.

The email test@gmail.com can also be written as t.est@gmail.com or t.e.s.t@gmail.com.

Any email sent to variations including the period before the @ will still go to the original email (test@gmail.com).

My advice would be to try registering but including a period somewhere in the beginning of the email to allow you to bypass the error you're getting.

I hope this helps.
Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi Mohammed

Thanks for your reply. I ended up registering under a different, non-Gmail email address. I've now changed it according to your suggestion.
I think things will be OK but I have a new (related?) problem. I am now getting a strange error message when I try to access certain iD Mobile pages. E.g. for https://www.idmobile.co.uk/:

"The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 8909074735530591257"

I am getting these a lot from links in iD Mobiles emails to me. For instance, in the email "Your first iD monthly bill is ready" from 30 September, the link "Need help understanding your bill? Find out more" results in this:

"The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 11091244376209429123"

This only started happening after I registered, with a different email address from the one I received those emails on.

matmcv
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello [user=1405]matmcv[/user], I'm sorry to hear that. I believe the issue occurs due to cookies/stored data. Can you please try deleting all cookies and and cache stored on the browser and I believe this should fix the issue you're facing. Let us know how you get on. Mohammed
Userlevel 1

Hi yes that solved that problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi yes that solved that problem.

Awesome, @matmcv,

Glad to hear that solved the problem for you!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?