Question

Cannot access ID mobile app on Android

• 9 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

When I try to access the ID mobile app I get a message to say unable to establish secure connection. Used to work perfectly, stopped working this month.  I am on Android 10 and using an Honor 8X mobile phone.  Not sure if it matters but I changed Broadband supplier from BT to Virgin back in July but am almost positive I've accessed the App since then.

Help!

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Does this slowdown happen regardless of being on WiFi or Mobile Data?

Userlevel 1

Yes, first thing I did was delete and reinstall the app and rebooted phone too.  Am using an Honor 8X on Android 10.  It’s weird as the app was so quick when I used it up until about July, now it just drags?!?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @jab13 

So that we can get a little more background.  Could you let us know what phone you’re using with the iD Mobile SIM?

Have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it to see if that changes anything?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

ID Mobile App is now working but very, very slowly.  Login is slow, retrieving info is slow and fingerprint access no longer works.  Accessing the App previously was amazingly fast and fingerprint recognition always worked so not sure what is going on???

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @jab13 

When did these problems first crop up?  Are things still the same a few days later at this point?

It might be worth deleting the app from your phone and re-installing, just to see if that helps at all.

Why iD Mobile?