Solved

Change account details

• 11 February 2019
  • 1 reply

My dad bought a new phone and asked me to sort a SIM out for him. My intention was to buy a SIM and collect it from carphone warehouse the next morning to take through to his house. I contacted carphone warehouse via online chat. They advised that i make the order using my details to enable me to collect then to ring them later to change the account name and billing direct debit etc into my dad's name and details. I also rang customer services to confirm all this who also yes it's very easy. Everything can be changed into dad's details. So since buying it yesterday I came across something online that says this is not possible. Is it possible or has carphone warehouse lied to me twice?
icon

Best answer by Gregor 11 February 2019, 09:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hello @Nezzie42

I can confirm for you that ID Mobile doesn't support change of ownership therefore you won't be able to change the name but you can still change address and Debit Card Details so payment would be taken from your dad's account. It is just impossible to change your name as it was used to perform credit check.

Remember that you have got 14 days to return and cancel any contract without any fees if you are not happy with service provided.

Regards

Why iD Mobile?