Solved

Change my iD account username?

• 16 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +10

Over a year ago this question was answered...

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/app-and-my-account-23/how-do-i-change-my-id-account-username-30239

“I know it sounds a little confusing and I hope that we allow usernames to be re-introduced or simplify the process in the future!

Mohammed”

I am now hoping we can bury this issue once and for all, I have changed my email address on hundreds of sites over countless years and only ID Mobile have a username policy stuck in the dark ages.

Is it planned any time soon that we all can update our username to the email address on the ID Mobile account? 

I am tired of seeing my old email address as a login, it is very confusing to remember something I no longer use...

icon

Best answer by Sophia 19 February 2020, 16:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello Terrywebs,

Thank you for raising this with us.  I was asked to reply directly to you as I am the Digital Product Manager for iD Mobile.  

We are working hard towards upgrading the account services on iD Mobile to allow greater flexibility and functionality to our users, because as a network our customers come first.

This particular request is one that has been made before and while I would really like to accommodate this, at this moment in time it is not possible.

I can assure you that we take all customers feedback on board and we appreciate that you have been an active community member and advocate for iD Mobile.  This makes me even more disappointed that we are unable to fulfill your request.   However, I can assure you we are working towards making this possible in the future.

Should you have any other feedback or comments for us, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Many thanks

Sophia

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @terrywebbs,

I’m really sorry that it’s taken this long and still hasn’t been introduced yet as a feature. 

I would only echo what @Sophia  has advised and believe us when we say this that it’s a feature we really want to introduce.

The old email username should only be a text field so you don’t need to have access to that email anymore to log-in.

The contact email (which is the one found in your iD account) is the one which we send emails to, so as long as this has been changed it shouldn’t be an issue.

Your existing username is the one to use to log-in currently, but as above, hopefully in the coming future, we’ll be able to roll out the feature that allows you to update/change this.

Please accept my apologies also, as we’ve not yet been able to fulfil your request. 

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?