Question

Changing email linked to account

• 13 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I've set up an account for my mother in law but I've accidentally set up the account with the e-mail that she no longer has access to (its on her old phone and can't log in to it on anything else) and I want to change it to her new e-mail so that she can check the bill and e-mails on her new phone. When I try to log in it just says that its not a valid email address even though I've just bought a phone and received an email from id on it.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Lisa,

You can use the Forgotten your username tool to find out your username you used to register.

Don’t worry if you don’t have access to this email anymore, as it’s only treated as a username.

Once you’ve logged in, you can change your contact email address which is where we would email you regarding your account.

You’ll always log in using your old username though as this can’t be changed. But you don't need to have access to the email to use this.

Codes to reset passwords are texted to the iD number not the email.

Mohammed

I want to change my email address linked to this account. I no longer have access to the email address not know username

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @JayneSelman,

You can change the email address by logging into your account either via our app or online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk

If you have problems logging in, you can reset the password and it will send you a verification code via SMS to the iD Mobile phone number which will then help you log in.

If you have any further issues, please let us know.

Thanks,
Ryan

Why iD Mobile?