Customer reference number

• 22 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Around 2 and a half months ago, I lost my phone and my sim card with it, without the phone i attempted to get in contact with a member of staff using the land line number: 0333 003 7777 in order to get a new sim card with my original number, but using my house land line it would mean that a customer reference number would be required,  but it wasn’t working and confirmed it by trying many attempts (last 2 digits of the account number and the last two digits of mobile number). Someone on here suggested using the live chat function on this website, but i wasn’t able to communicate with a real human and couldn’t resolve the problem.

After this method i tried using the ID mobile app to either rectify the problem or even cancel the contract as i was paying for something needlessly. Having sparsely used the app I couldn’t remember the password so I tried resetting it, a code was then subsequently sent to the lost mobile phone with the sim card meaning that I couldn’t do anything to get access to the app as I didn’t have my phone (I like ID mobile but it would have been nice if it was sent to the registered email as mobile access cannot always be guaranteed).

I went to my local Curry’s PC world/ Carphone Warehouse, and a member of staff was able to confirm that the customer reference number was not functioning (using information on the computer) after trying the land line number 0333 003 7777, and unfortunately wasn’t able to take care of the problem by issuing a new sim card with the original number due the above limitations. I have to say that i’m very disappointed by the outcome.

Will 3 years ago

Hi @Coolio,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to get you a new SIM card sent out.

Will

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Coolio,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to get you a new SIM card sent out.

Will

Why iD Mobile?