Solved

Dashboard accuracy

• 11 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi, my data allowance on the dashboard seems rather erratic, will it settle down and how accurate is it? I have limited its use so I can build up a rollover but I am still using data.
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Phil 12 April 2018, 19:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi
Thanks for that, it's put my mind at rest.
As I said the signal is much better than my previous provider so I am very happy with my switch.
Thanks again
Gav
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Gavin, the allowances shown on the app may appear to go up and down if you are switching between data being connected or not. This is because 50Mb can be allocated and disappear from the available allowance ready to be used.
Once the data connection is turned off, this allocation of 50Mb will return to the allowances.

This does not affect how much data is used as your allowances will only reduce when data is actually used. This also helps to avoid exceeding your data limits.

Phil
Userlevel 2
Hi
Thanks for your answer.
I am limiting it's use and have turned off background app refresh etc over 3g 4g it just seems to go up and down with no real reason.
Just wondering about its accuracy, other than that signal really good.
Userlevel 1
If you use data on 3G or 4G then of course it's going to go down... Just turn off Mobile data when you're not using it and switch to WiFi 🤓

Idk how I'd live without WiFi and data-rollover tbh..

Why iD Mobile?