Solved

data only simm - how can i get a security code from the app if my simm is data only

• 29 August 2019
  • 1 reply

I have a data only sim. it is not in any device as yet. it will go in my car.

I have downloaded the app to my usual mobile and filled in personal details to register.

the app now tells me i will receive a security code! But how will i get that? The app has not asked for any email.

And the sim is not in a device. and if it was in the car it cant get etxts. and its dat only anytway!

its a data only sim, so can't get texts and i havent supplied an email...?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 30 August 2019, 15:03

Hello Mark,

We don't sell Data SIMs anymore so unless you purchased it previously when we did and just registering this now, it's possible this is a regular SIM.
Do you mean you've got a PAY-Monthly SIM which you intend to use in your car system?

If possible, would you be able to put the SIM in a device to complete the registration?

If you can't do that, please message us via Social Media https://www.facebook.com/idmobileuk/
Twitter: @id_Mobile_UK which is the quickest way for us to assist with this type of query.

This is because we'll need to get the code from your account and provide this to you via a message on Social Media which will allow you to register.

We wouldn't ask you to email because by the time you've emailed and requested the code, the code provided back to you would have expired by the time we responded.

Mohammed
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hello Mark,

We don't sell Data SIMs anymore so unless you purchased it previously when we did and just registering this now, it's possible this is a regular SIM.
Do you mean you've got a PAY-Monthly SIM which you intend to use in your car system?

If possible, would you be able to put the SIM in a device to complete the registration?

If you can't do that, please message us via Social Media https://www.facebook.com/idmobileuk/
Twitter: @id_Mobile_UK which is the quickest way for us to assist with this type of query.

This is because we'll need to get the code from your account and provide this to you via a message on Social Media which will allow you to register.

We wouldn't ask you to email because by the time you've emailed and requested the code, the code provided back to you would have expired by the time we responded.

Mohammed