Solved

GDPR Rule violation

• 11 September 2018
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Customers should not be forced to fill a survey to opt out of your emails.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 26 September 2018, 15:44

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Agonzalez.
The selection is not mandatory so the form can be submitted without choosing a response.
We're were not able to replicate the error message that you've shown in your screenshot.

Can you confirm if you were able to proceed without choosing any option and if not, please advise what browser you were using.
-Phil
Userlevel 1
Hi Phil, the response was compulsory (it flashed the alert at the top) and wouldn't let me proceed to unsubscribe until I selected an option. I was using chrome by the way. Thanks, Arcadi
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @agonzalez,

I've just tried the form myself from Chrome using this link: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/unsubscribe and it allowed me to submit the email address without selecting an option.

Can you confirm if this is still the case when you try again?

Thanks,
Ryan
Userlevel 1
Hi Ryan, the issue is with the custom Adobe Campaign link sent through email, I'll dm it to you, since it contains some of my personal information
Userlevel 1
Any updates anyone?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @agonzalez,

I have replied to your DM regarding this which should offer a further insight into what has gone on with this.

Thank you.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Thank you Ryan!
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @agonzalez,

We’ve spoken to our Data Protection Officer who has advised that it is not against legislation to ask customers to provide a reason for unsubscribing; it helps us as a business understand why our customers are not interested in receiving marketing communications and it offers us additional ways of improving our services.

However, we understand that you may not wish to select a reason for wanting to unsubscribe.

We have fed back the information regarding the survey emailed directly to you and this will be thoroughly investigated; we’re really grateful that you sent that to us so we can now work towards putting a fix in place.

You can use the following link to opt out of marketing and you won’t need to select a reason why:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/unsubscribe

Alternatively, drop me a PM and we can arrange to have your details removed for you.

Thanks again for your patience, I know that this took us a little bit longer than usual to come to a conclusion but we’re glad to have been able to offer a resolution.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Hi Ryan, thanks for the thorough response, I appreciate you taking the time to follow up on this. I managed to unsubscribe without any issues.
Thanks,
Arcadi
Userlevel 1
Well if you started spamming me again after presuming I wanted to be opted in I'd just move, treating customers like this is what you deserve
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Well if you started spamming me again after presuming I wanted to be opted in I'd just move, treating customers like this is what you deserve

Hello @Salfordian,

Is there anything you needed help with?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi @agonzalez,

We’ve spoken to our Data Protection Officer who has advised that it is not against legislation to ask customers to provide a reason for unsubscribing; it helps us as a business understand why our customers are not interested in receiving marketing communications and it offers us additional ways of improving our services.

However, we understand that you may not wish to select a reason for wanting to unsubscribe.

We have fed back the information regarding the survey emailed directly to you and this will be thoroughly investigated; we’re really grateful that you sent that to us so we can now work towards putting a fix in place.

You can use the following link to opt out of marketing and you won’t need to select a reason why:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/unsubscribe

Alternatively, drop me a PM and we can arrange to have your details removed for you.

Thanks again for your patience, I know that this took us a little bit longer than usual to come to a conclusion but we’re glad to have been able to offer a resolution.

Ryan

Hi Again, just checked the existing link I originally received through my email.I am now no longer forced to choose an option, it is nice to see the feedback has been actioned!

Thanks,

Arcadi

Why iD Mobile?