Solved

Going Away Volunteering - Can I suspend services

• 2 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello

I am going away to Nepal to do a volunteer assignment for 11 months starting in Jan 2020.  Coming back in Nov 2020.  

I am on a monthly £5 plan.  

Can I suspend my account for this period in question.  I do not want to lose my number and I want to stay with ID mobile on my return.

I thought my tight volunteeting budget might be helped a little bit with this £5.00.

Any advice and suggestion will be gratefully received.

Regards

Rano

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 3 December 2019, 18:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello

I am going away to Nepal to do a volunteer assignment for 11 months starting in Jan 2020.  Coming back in Nov 2020.  

I am on a monthly £5 plan.  

Can I suspend my account for this period in question.  I do not want to lose my number and I want to stay with ID mobile on my return.

I thought my tight volunteeting budget might be helped a little bit with this £5.00.

Any advice and suggestion will be gratefully received.

Regards

Rano

Hello @Rano,

Unfortunately, we don’t support a “Pause & Resume” feature to suspend services on our network.

My recommendation is purchasing a PAYG SIM from a different network and porting your number over to this PAYG SIM.

You’ll need to find out how long a number can stay inactive for on that SIM as some networks require you to use service every 3-months etc to avoid losing the number.

Then you can join iD Mobile when you’re back and port your number back over.

Hope that helps provide any help here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?