Solved

How do I change my iD account username?

• 6 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have recently changed my email address and I have updated it on the "My details" section of the "My account" web page. Now, when I try to log on to the my.idmobile site, the site insists that I log on using my old email address. If I enter my new email address, the page just errors.

Is it possible to make the site accept my new email address when I try to log on? If it is, please would someone let me know how?

Thanks for reading.

Gooders.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 February 2019, 13:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Gooders,

I can help answer this question.

When you register for an iD Account, you are asked for your email address.
This email address is then converted into a username login.

Your contact email may change from time to time, so we allow you to update this in the app. This will be the email for which we will send any email correspondence to or any newsletters you signed up for in our marketing section. (as you have updated in the app).

The log-in username will remain the same which is the old email.

Previously we allowed users to sign up with usernames, it's the same thing.

Imagine you signed up to an iD account with the username Gooders
We would not be able to contact Gooders, but instead use your contact email.

The same way if your email was Gooders@email.com then this is your username only and treated the same as "Gooders"

It looks like an email, but simply functions as a username to log-in. You can carry on using the old email to log-into your account but we will have the correct contact email should we need to get in touch with you.

Don't worry if you no longer have access to the old email, as it shouldn't matter.

I know it sounds a little confusing and I hope that we allow usernames to be re-introduced or simplify the process in the future!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?