Question

How do I change my username?

• 26 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Dear All

I need to change my username. How can I start the process?

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@4k3or3et 

Are you trying to change your username on the community then? 

Kevin thought you were asking about username needed to login for iD Mobile App which is separate entity from the community. Changing username on the community will keep your usual one on the App. 

If you are happy with just changing your community name then just post here your preferred one and one of the iD Mobile members will change it for you. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Hi there @4k3or3et 

Unfortunately as things stand, once a username is applied to an account.  It cannot be changed.

Feedback has been passed on though regarding the ability to potentially change these later on, though we have no update yet if and when that may come to be.

Just to add.  If your username happened to be an email address you no longer use anymore, you wouldn’t need to worry about any emails going to that email address.  Providing the email address in your contact information was set to the correct one, then all emails would go to the one you have access to.  Usernames are merely just the name you’d use for login purposes.

It has been done on this forum multiple times. Here is one of the topics:

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/ask-a-question-18/can-i-change-my-username-on-here-29723

I would really appreciate if you could change my username.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @4k3or3et 

Unfortunately as things stand, once a username is applied to an account.  It cannot be changed.

Feedback has been passed on though regarding the ability to potentially change these later on, though we have no update yet if and when that may come to be.

Just to add.  If your username happened to be an email address you no longer use anymore, you wouldn’t need to worry about any emails going to that email address.  Providing the email address in your contact information was set to the correct one, then all emails would go to the one you have access to.  Usernames are merely just the name you’d use for login purposes.

Why iD Mobile?