Solved

How to delete an old account, so i can register my email with a new number?

• 17 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

How to delete an old account, so i can register my email with a new number?

If I cannot register my email with my new phone number I will leave iD Mobile within my 14 days grace period! 

Contacted you on chat with no luck! 

icon

Best answer by Michelle 8 December 2020, 13:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Gav84,

Unfortunately due to system limitations, this is not possible. You would need to use a different email address to register a new account. We apologise for the inconvenience caused by that. You can still use your existing email address for all contact; the new one will be used as just a username only if you choose to do so.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi

Can my old account be deleted under the government's GDPR legislation? Under this legislation I can ask for my data you hold on me to be deleted from my old account (it’s called the right to be forgotten) once the data is deleted from your system I should be able to register again?

Please see the link to the government guidance on this legislation.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/data-protection-rights-for-data-subjects/data-protection-rights-for-data-subjects

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Gav84 

We will keep your personal information for as long as you're a customer. If you haven't made a purchase or engaged with us for 3 years or more, then we'll remove you from our marketing mailing lists. After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data for up to 7 years after the last time you interacted with us. This could include one of the ways specified in 'How we use your personal information' and for one of these reasons:

• To respond to any questions or complaints
  • To show that we treated you fairly
  • To maintain records according to rules that applies to us
  • To establish, bring or defend legal claims.

We may keep your data for longer than 7 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We may also keep it in order to help support product recalls or safety notices. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.

We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.

Further information can be found on our Privacy page here

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

Hi 

You didn't answer my Question? I didn't ask how long you keep my data for I asked.. (please see below)

Can my old account be deleted under the government's GDPR legislation? Under this legislation I can ask for my data you hold on me to be deleted from my old account (it’s called the right to be forgotten) once the data is deleted from your system I should be able to register again?

Do you have an address that I can send a formal request for my account data to be erased under Article 17 of GDPR act?

Thanks Gavin

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Gav84 

You can make a request online, please click here.

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?