Tutorial

How to register for 'My Account'

• 16 March 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge
'My Account' is your very own online account area. It’s the place where you can control and manage your iD plan.

It lets you instantly do all the important stuff yourself, rather than going to the time and trouble of calling the customer services department.

Here are just a few things you can use the 'My Account' for:

• View any of your bills from the past 6 months.
  • Monitor your usage and keep a close eye on your limits.
  • Quickly buy extra bundles and add-ons as soon as you need them.
  • Pay your bills at any time.
  • View fully itemised out-of-bundle charges, to see exactly when and why you incurred them.
  • Activate or deactivate key features such as voicemail, roaming and adult content filtering.
  • Check your upgrade eligibility to see if you're due a new smartphone.
  • Get all the latest offers, competitions and much more!

If you’re an iD customer it’s quick and easy to register for 'My Account'. You can do it online or with the iD Mobile app, as follows:

• Go to my.idmobile.co.uk, or download and open the iD app. Click ‘Register’.
  • Enter your mobile number, last name, date of birth, and click ‘Submit’.
  • We’ll now send you a security code by text. Enter it on this page.
  • Choose a username and password. You’re all set up!

If you’re having any issues with registering, feel free to post a question below.

For more details on how to use 'My Account' check out this Community article.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @custardcream,

I'm sorry to hear that. When registering, we require your original iD mobile number so that it matches our system records; are you entering that number?

If so, your details may be incorrect on our system and we would need to verify the correct details. Please contact our Live Chat team here and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Ryan
I am trying to register my phone but I cant

I enter the mobile number
I enter my surname
I enter my dob

I cannot click the submit button because it does not highlight/turn blue.

im using the default windows 10 browser (Microsoft edge). no blockers etc
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hello @rshales007,

That's a great question, however, it applies to customer's who have ported from direct contact with us. When you purchase through Carphone Warehouse, a port can be processed here without registering during the point of sale.

In this case, these users would enter the ported number (once it's completed).

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
On the account registration screen there is a field to enter your active mobile number. It states that if you have ported a number in from another network (and the process is complete), enter that one.

My understanding is that you need to create an account to be able to port a number, so how would you be able to register using a ported number?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hello @Kunal Jhanji,

Welcome to the iD Community.

Have you purchased a regular Pay-Monthly SIM that has minutes, texts and data or have you purchased a DATA-Only SIM?

You should be able to register a DATA-only SIM with the an email address instead.

If you're using a Pay-Monthly SIM then registration is done by sending a text with a code to the iD Mobile number which needs to be entered during registration.

Please note: Pay-Monthly SIMs won't be supported in tablets or other devices for data only usage.

You'll need to be using a DATA-Only SIM for this to work.

We currently support the use of DATA-Only SIMs in Tablets, PC's & MiFi devices but you may be able to get this to work in your Car also.

Mohammed
Hi - I'm only going to use my new ID sim for data usage in my car. How can I register for my account using alternative methods like email?