Solved

I can't cancel my contract

• 2 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have cancelled my contract twice on the App and ID still continue to charge me.

Please tell me how I can cancel my contract without any call centres open?

I left it a month before cancelling the direct debit but have now cancelled it as they have continued to take money. I have screenshots confirming that I have cancelled but I am still being charged!

icon

Best answer by Rory 11 July 2020, 12:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Kelly Hastings 

Welcome to iD Community.

So sorry to hear you want to leave us at iD Mobile.

Please click on how to cancel , it has everything you need to cancel your account

Please keep your Direct Debit open, the reason you should is - After your 30 days’ notice period ends, your plan will close, and we’ll issue your final bill. This bill will need to be paid by Direct Debit within 14 days. This is for your line rental, any out-of-plan usage up to the point of cancellation, and an early cancellation fee if it applies. If your Direct Debit fails (and it’ll obviously fail if you’ve cancelled it), your future credit rating might be affected – so please keep your Direct Debit open! 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pearl

This is what they do - keep charging you and threaten the loss of credit rating to keep your direct debit open.

I’ve been trying to close my account down since the start of June (haven’t even used idmobile since November 2019) eventually cancelled the direct debit, but am still being charged every month and threatened with letters from credit recovery companies.

An absolute joke when you consider all their call centres are closed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Axiom, sorry to hear about the issues you’re having in getting your line disconnected. Cancelling the Direct Debit isn’t sufficient to get the line disconnected, so you’d need to contact our Live Chat team.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

You’ll never see live chat working, people on here have tried for months. They won't answer any calls either. Best get an ombudsman involved. This company needs to be shut down.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @CJB,

We’re sorry to hear that. Our Live Chat Team is operational, sometimes they do have to “close” if it is too busy but they are up and running again very soon after, it’s just a case of having to keep checking back on the website for them to open again.

We have also responded to your other post with further assistance for your issue.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?