Question

I want to end my contract 2 months early but I've never been able to access my account. What should I do?

• 2 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

When I first chose ID mobile as my provider the auto fill made a few errors and my now ex-partner’s name is on the contract, as well as an unknown date of birth. My previous attempts to fix this issue over the two years have been fraught with difficulties (in part due to my autism and in part due to ID mobile’s poor communication). I have attempted to phone, email and FB them since November or earlier. I have received no response. As the money comes out my bank I believe that stopping the payments would get them to contact me but I don’t really want to go down to that route. My attempts to reset the account via email have also failed, so I have given up on that.

So I am trying to contact ID through this method to help me fix my account. If I am not contacted by the months end then I will cancel the contract myself as I feel they have not fully provided the service I signed up for and they have not made it accessible for me to get help. I will write to their physical address as well with the relevant info within the next 10 days, using recorded delivery.

I am on a two year contract starting 18th Sept 2018, for an s8.

Is there anything else I can do? Is there any info missing?

Best wishes,

Ebhelyn

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello there @Ebhelyn 

It would have been clear on numerous occasions whilst placing an order online just who exactly would be named on an account.  If anything was auto-filled, that would have been something from the user-side (as we’d never know any customer details until we’re told them, understandably).

It would be evident from the very first bill and emails etc that an order was in someone else’s name if that were the case so we’d expect this to be raised to us immediately in that case.

Due to heavy data protection laws that we strictly abide to, we would need to speak to the named account holder in order to assist with any account-related changes.  So if this is your ex-partner, we would need them to get in touch.  Either here or via Live Chat.

Why iD Mobile?