Question

iD a/c still linked to old email address. Phoned 7777 to update it but nothing changed ?!?

• 9 November 2019
  • 6 replies

I am trying to update my email address without much success.  Somehow, iD slipped through the net when I was informing everyone at the beginning of this year which means now I cannot log into my iD account because I closed the old email etc. and there’s not a chance I remember a password.

So, a couple of days ago, I phoned 7777 and gave my mobile number and new email address (the same one I have registered with this community).  I was delighted to hear him tell me it would be done straightaway but …. I am not completely surprised to find that nothing has actually changed. 

I am going around in circles now, getting nowhere, so any help out there please?  Surely it can’t be such a hard thing to do?  I have been paying monthly, using their SIM card with no problem and do not want to create any confusion which may lead to my mobile not functioning. 

I am not using the iD App just trying to log into my account, using my laptop so my thanks to anyone who reads this and can advise me.  I’m much obliged ( I know … guess it’s a generation thing ).  

Kind regards Elaine Mills  

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @erm 

It’s possible for us to change the contact email you use but not the details that are used to log in. However, as long as you know what your old email address it, this won’t prevent you from logging in.

You can use, https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/forgot-username/-/forgot/forgotpassword to reset your password using your mobile.

If you need any other support, contact us  with some details for us to help.

Phil 

Hello Phil

First really thank you very much for replying.  Wasn’t sure anyone would.  The first sentence says it all really. 

I decided to give them one more go yesterday.  Now, finally I am sorted.  From what I now understand about how the process works, my current contact email can be (and has been) changed while it was also important that the email I had registered first was still known.  Ultimately, I was provided with a temporary password which I have now changed today.  Yes!  I am able to log into my iD account after months of simply not bothering to keep an eye on things and forgetting how important it is to keep information up to date!  

Once again, thank you for your very prompt and helpful reply, Phil.  I have no room on my dated mobile for any Apps, and I do take your point.  It’s likely I’ll be buying a newer smartphone with more GB but it will be the last one I shall buy. I will stop trying to keep up in the next five years or so and sit back to watch how quickly the world has changed since my first PC. 

Sorry, also meant to say “ all the best “ to you too,  Elaine

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @erm,

Thanks for confirming you managed to get that resolved Elaine!

If you do need any further support regarding this issue or other issues, feel free to reply on this topic, or create a new topic for the issue you’re facing and we hope someone will be able to answer this for you :)

Mohammed

Hi again,

Sorry to say, I’m back with the same problem.  Old email (deactivated 2019) is still showing up as my registered one.  So, I am in a Catch 22 situation.  Unfortunately due to Covid-19 I cannot actually talk to anyone and ended up here hoping someone can help again.

I have been receiving regular notifications to my current email which is with Protonmail.com so no issues there.  My former issue still remains as I cannot get into my iD Account - a basic requirement - so that I may decide how to continue with my SIM card account.  It is really important for me to get access to my account as I have changed my phone, not my number, and may need to change my plan. 

Please reply to the email you must have somewhere on my records, but is still not recognised as registered to my number and explain how I may gain access to my Account as soon as possible.  

Kind regards, and good health to all Elaine Mills    

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @erm 

Could you elaborate on the current issue you face?  You mentioned you appear to be getting emails fine?

It wouldn’t matter if the username for your account is an old email address as that would only serve as a username for logging in.  If you do a password reset you should get a code texted to your iD Mobile SIM.

Why iD Mobile?