Question

iD mobile App (android) says: "Not available in your country"

• 10 October 2018
  • 5 replies

I want to manage my account from my phone - I follow the many links to the store to search for iD Mobile App but the store says "Not available in your country"
I've had the phone 3 weeks and have never left England. Surely the App is supposed to work in the UK?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Toby PHC,

I'm sorry to see this. It is available within the UK but I believe that your app store account may be set up as a non-UK account, meaning you might not be able to download the iD Mobile app.

Which phone are you using?

Ryan
Huawei Mate 10 - ordered from iD online (UK)
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Toby PHC,

That means you'll be using the Google Play Store in order to download our app. When you set up your Google account it usually asks you for your country location. If this is not set to the UK then it could cause an issue. Have you checked this too?

Ryan
Userlevel 3
Why would you block a non-UK Google Play Store account? You are effectively blocking vistors, people who travel a lot, and ex-pats from using the ID mobile app.
Badge +10
Check the country/location settings on the mobile first.

Google play store may need updating so follow these steps:
Go to Settings > Apps > Find the “ Google Play Store” app from the list > then Clear data & clear cache. This will wipe out all the Play Store data. Now open the Play Store it will automatically update to the latest version.

If that doesn't work then do this:
You can change the country in Google Play Store by following these steps.
  1. Go to Google Payments and sign in with your account.
  2. Click on Settings in the top right corner.
  3. Click Edit next to the Home address and update the address.
  4. Now, on your mobile device, open the PlayStore and try to buy any item.

You can only change your country once per year.

Why iD Mobile?