Solved

iD mobile app has been useless for six months!

• 24 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi,
I have never used the iD community before but the app, it's discraseful.
It has been useless for six months since I got my new phone.
I have tried the app on my iPad as well but the only thing displayed on the screen of the app is the version. Is this effecting more users than me and how do I solve this?
icon

Best answer by Phil 26 August 2019, 12:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi @LegendusMaximus
Sorry to hear you are having a problem like this but we don't fully understand the issue.

If the app is not loading properly, it would be good to remove it and reinstall.

If you continue to have problems, please visit http://my.idmobile.co.uk to register your account.

Then try to log into the app using the details of the account you've just set up.

Let us know how this goes for you.
Phil

I have upgraded my iPhone and have been unable since then to use the app. I have used the same username and password which I have always used and can still use on my laptop. But the app although confirming I am registered does not recognise either username or password. I have removed and reinstalled but that has had no effect.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @avrilmj 

Does the app show an error message when you try to log in, or does it just not respond entirely?

Are you 100% entering the password case-senstive correctly?

We’ve seen instances in the past where people have the log in saved on other devices, so they assume they’re typing it right, but perhaps have not ensured they put the capital letter in or an easy to make oversight like that.

Hi, I was entering everything correctly and the message was username and password were incorrect, however eventually I used the “forgot my username and password “. Sure enough it cam back with the username as I was inputing it but now by resetting a new password also the app worked. I would also add that my husband was having exactly the same problem so we carried out the same procedure for him.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @avrilmj,

I’m glad it’s sorted now for you! 

Cheers for sharing your fix with us.

Will

Why iD Mobile?