Question

iD Mobile - Registration Code myiD

• 16 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I need to be able to register without inserting SIM card so I need iDMobile employee to send the code by a different system - preferably to the email address used to purchase SIM contract.

Help please.

Thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @MrAngry,

It’s not possible to send the code via email, these are sent via text only.

Is there any reason you are unable to insert the SIM card in the device to complete registration?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed.

SIM is not going into phone.  Only for data.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @MrAngry 

Could you not pop this into a handset temporarily?  Just a one-time thing for the registration process?

If not, the only way around this would be if you’re able to contact our Live Chat Team and have someone there provide you with the code (once you’ve requested it whilst speaking to an agent there).

These codes only remain active for 15 minutes or so, so it would only be whilst speaking to someone in real time there that we could get that to you.  That is without popping the SIM in a phone temporarily to circumvent that that is.

Userlevel 1

Hi there @MrAngry 

Could you not pop this into a handset temporarily?  Just a one-time thing for the registration process?

If not, the only way around this would be if you’re able to contact our Live Chat Team and have someone there provide you with the code (once you’ve requested it whilst speaking to an agent there).

These codes only remain active for 15 minutes or so, so it would only be whilst speaking to someone in real time there that we could get that to you.  That is without popping the SIM in a phone temporarily to circumvent that that is.

Thanks, but Live Chat Team is not available at the moment  -  unless you know different and you can tell me how to contact them.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @MrAngry,

I can see we’ve now assisted you in the Private Messages. If you need anything else, you’re always welcome to ask.

Will

Why iD Mobile?