Question

iD sends emails to an old address

I updated my email address in my account details and profile some time ago. Yet iD keeps sending service emails to my old email address. I’ve checked my profile and the new address is showing. I can’t find any record of the old address on your system, yet you keep using it. Why hasn’t the service email database been updated?

5 replies

Userlevel 3

i think it takes 24 hours for them to update there email databse with the covid-19 also  might take longer

Many thanks for the suggestion. I updated several weeks ago, so I think I’ve given it enough time.

I’m now wondering whether the old email address is still showing as my username, even though it’s no longer my contact email address. But I can’t see any way of changing my username, and maybe it’s not possible.

Userlevel 3

am nearly sure your email is your username maybe changeing ur email on ur username will help…

thanks

Like I said, I’ve changed my email in the only places where I can see an option to change it. I can’t see any way of changing my username separately.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Kleid 

We’ll PM you now and look into this further on your account for you.  Please check your PM’s momentarily.

Speaking generally.  The username for your login (if set as an email address) to your account wouldn’t dictate where emails go.  You should be able to freely choose which email to be sent iD related emails to within the iD Mobile App (or our website).

Why iD Mobile?