Solved

iOS registration, but data only sim is in a mifi device that cannot receive texts

• 24 September 2019
  • 3 replies

How can I register for the iOS app when the id mobile SIM card is in a mifi device that cannot receive texts?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 25 September 2019, 16:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Flyboy1972,

The quickest way would be to try putting the SIM in a phone to see if you can get the text of the code and complete registration.

If that still doesn't work, we'd recommend getting in touch via our Social Media Team so we can provide the code to you.
The reason I suggest social media is because the code would expire over email due to the time-frames it takes for a response.

You can reach us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/idmobileuk/
Twitter: @id_mobile_uk

We look forward to hearing from you if you're not able to resolve this yourself.

Mohammed

Hello,

Did this get resolved?

I have the same problem after recently ordering an ID Sim for a MiFi device, however I can’t use the ID Mobile sim in my phone to receive the security code text.

Facebook messenger sent me to the online chat. The online chat is a bot and couldn’t help. I have rung the customer service and after being passed through automated switchboard 3 times it sent me to the ID community, who refer you to back to the social media team.

I’ve not even used my SIM yet and I’m already frustrated with ID Mobile. Can someone please contact me about how I can activate the SIM and register the app please.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @tomnewman7,

Why are you unable to use the SIM in your phone?

The only way to register is by entering the code received from the text to complete the registration.

We would have most likely done this via Social Media, however, we’re currently not dealing with account issues via Social Media, hence the direct to the Community.

The quickest and easiest way is to pop the SIM into a phone. Even if it’s not your own, a friend or family members will suffice, just enough time to receive the code and enter it in to register.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?