Solved

• 26 June 2019
  • 4 replies

When I try to login under my original userId (steveTu) on the web based site, the login screen appears to work ok (ie no error screen is thrown) but it doesn't actually log me in. So as soon as I try to post, it repeats the log in process.
If I change the password on the login screen, it does throw an error - so obviously the userid and password (which are taken from a keyring) are correct but for some reason the site isn't logging me in. This can only have started in the last week or so - since my last post on the Database Accuracy?... thread - as I posted perfectly ok then.

It doesn't appear to be the browser or keyring either - as I've created this secondary account and logged in perfectly ok via the website.
icon

Best answer by steveTu 9 July 2019, 11:27

View original

4 replies

...oh...and steveTu is still a valid account as you've just mailed me an update on the Database Accuracy thread (where steveTu is the author). So steveTu and the email address is obviously still set up as an account.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @steveTu2,

Can you try logging in via an incognito window?

Did you previously have your log-in detail saved on the browser? This could affect the log-in if the cache/cookies are affecting the log-in of that account. An In-incognito session should give us a bit more information on why this is happening.

Mohammed
Userlevel 2
@Mohammed
Tried yesterday afternnon and again this morning and the original account is working fine now. (used to post this reply) - so it would appear to have been a temporary issue (I had shut down my laptop and restarted it - so complete refresh - before posting the original issue).
(FYI - My log in credentials are saved in an OS keyring not in the browser itself per se.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @steveTu,

Glad to hear that it's now working. Not sure why this occurred in the first instance.
I've marked your answer as the best answer, though if you don't believe the issue to be resolved, please let us know and we'll un-mark this and continue investigating.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?