Solved

Messages not sending

• 21 December 2018
  • 9 replies

Hi
I upgraded my phone last week and transferred over number from previous network , number successfully ported over however now unable to send any messages ?
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 22 December 2018, 12:35

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That’s an unusual one @Charlottte14.

Is this all texts or to one particular number? What handset are you using the SIM in?

Will

I have just got my nee phone with ID, my number transferred over today but everytime I send a text message it tells me it’s failed to send but then the receiver of the text has gotten it almost 10 times??? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Truly sorry this one was not caught sooner here @Marn93 

Could you elaborate on what you need our help with?  Has the number port you mentioned above not gone through?

Let us know a summary of the issue and we’ll help here, or if need be, send a private message to take a further look at your account itself.

Thanks.

Help???? 

Many Thanks 

Just joined your network and I have ported my number across 

many thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Marn93,

Have you just joined our network or been with us for some time.

Have you just ported your number over to us?

Mohammed

Hi, 

my messages are also not sending? 
And people are struggling to phone me as they say it’s not being recognised? 

many thanks 

Marnie 

p.s I have an iPhone 11

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi
I upgraded my phone last week and transferred over number from previous network , number successfully ported over however now unable to send any messages ?

Hello @Daisy1992,

Is it just texts that aren't working?

Can you check the above that @terrywebbs has advised and also provide a little more information on this?

Do calls work okay? Can you access mobile data?

Mohammed
Badge +10
Welcome to the ID Community,

A simple turn off and back on might resolved your issue, some network services can get stuck when porting over...

Could you give us a little more information about the type of mobile you have now?
If it's an iPhone you might want to plug it into a computer and use iTunes to update the software and network carrier settings. New network carrier settings were released a few weeks back and not all new mobiles will have been updated as they are not automatic.

Android mobiles you can check your settings here
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings

Handy little tool her to get settings on your device
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings/settings-tool

Why iD Mobile?