Solved

More than one ID account

• 8 December 2018
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
hi
i ordered my daughter a sim only card which she is enjoying using so i wanted to order another sim only card for my son.
so far i have been rejected for the second account. is could this be because i cant have 2 accounts under my name, or because my daughters plan is rolling monthly i need to be seen as good payer before i can order another sim card?

i would really like to have 3 accounts for each of my children and i would have thought ID would have welcomed this.

Also, how long do i have to wait before changing plans on ID as weve only been using them for 1 month and the next bill date is Dec 29th?

Thanks all x
icon

Best answer by Kevin 12 December 2018, 13:02

View original

11 replies

Badge +10
Welcome to the ID Community,

Yes, you can order 2 SIMS per account holder.
You'll need to register the account with a different email address though as ID Mobile don't yet support multiple account logins in one dashboard or within the app. Possibly why you got rejected?!

It's one number per account so you will need to use different email address to register your daughter and your son will need a completely new account by himself.

As long as your credit check results allows this, you can take out a second SIM card whenever you like. If not, then they recommend waiting up to 6 months before applying again. Nothing stopping you trying again in 2-3 months if you fail the credit check.
NO!!!! I tried for 7 times already to get another sim for myself (got one for my kid) and always been rejected. I tried online, in the shop, via phone to ID mobile and via phone to carphone warehouse. NO!!! ID mobile DO NOT let you have multiple sims!!!! Not on different e-mail!!! ONLY on different bank account. I had to ask my cousin to do one on her name for me!
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @JBH1984

After initially purchasing a SIM. We would usually recommend waiting 6 months before we would allow for a second contract/ SIM to be taken out.

We do apologise if the wording of the rejection email implied it was credit check related, this is something we have raised for investigation previously to get the wording of those automated emails changed.

Regards, Kevin
Userlevel 1
Thank you @Kevin that is reassuring
Userlevel 2
Really? Then why did i get this yesterday!
Sorry, but we are unable to process your order (xxxxxxxxxxx).
Unfortunately you didn't meet the credit check criteria required for the contract you requested.
As we couldn't connect you on the contract you requested, no money/payment has been taken from your account at this point.

It is clear after having same issue with my wife that ID mobile does not allow more than one sim per customer. Please make this clear on your site as i have 5 members in my family! I will be cancelling my wife's and my sim and taking my business elsewhere. Totally ridiculous policy, especially sending emails to people making them think their credit score was the issue. Just tell them you don't want any additional business from them, that is easier understood.
Userlevel 1
@paulpa I got same message!
It is very confusing indeed...
Is the credit check? Is it a 6 month period between contract application? Is it one SIM per household...

For such good offers they have they don't make them very accessible...

Certainly not sure what to believe x
Userlevel 2
@paulpa I got same message!
It is very confusing indeed...
Is the credit check? Is it a 6 month period between contract application? Is it one SIM per household...

For such good offers they have they don't make them very accessible...

Certainly not sure what to believe x

I can be sure it is not a Failed credit check. It is clearly a policy they don't like sharing, i.e one sim per user. Look around like I did, there are deals better for a tiny amount more, and you can have more than one sim per account. you didn't meet the credit check criteria !! Really, a home owner with no mortgage scoring 984 out of 999 with experian does not meet your criteria?
Userlevel 2
Hi @JBH1984

After initially purchasing a SIM. We would usually recommend waiting 6 months before we would allow for a second contract/ SIM to be taken out.

We do apologise if the wording of the rejection email implied it was credit check related, this is something we have raised for investigation previously to get the wording of those automated emails changed.

Regards, Kevin

I wish you guys would stick to one story.
The message I received today
"Hi there Paul, sorry to hear that your second credit check was declined, however, this wouldn't be an automatic failure as we do allow 2 accounts per customer." This is simply not true.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @paulpa,

Sorry for any confusion caused. We do allow 2 accounts per person, and ordering another one soon after the first one does not trigger an automatic rejection, it's more a case of assessing your situation and if you aren't accepted for the second account then we would recommend waiting 6 months before trying again.

Ryan
Userlevel 2
Hi @paulpa,

Sorry for any confusion caused. We do allow 2 accounts per person, and ordering another one soon after the first one does not trigger an automatic rejection, it's more a case of assessing your situation and if you aren't accepted for the second account then we would recommend waiting 6 months before trying again.

Ryan

Then it is very strange how both myself and my wife get rejected on second sim, yet go onto obtain them easily from other suppliers. I would suggest you look at your system, you are losing customers, not because of their credit rating, but because of your system checks. As for "it's more a case of assessing your situation" We did, we bought elsewhere!
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @paulpa,

I'm sorry if my point of "assessing your situation" came across in the wrong tone, I implied that our system assesses your situation to check whether or not a new SIM card can be offered, but I'm glad that you have managed to resolve your need for a new contract, albeit elsewhere.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?