Multiple severe errors in My Account and App data usage figures


Userlevel 1
I have been attempting to reconcile the data usage figures reported on the My Account web pages and the phone App compared with the detailed daily usage figures presented on the monthly bill and there are some very significant differences.

Since users do not have access to the detailed data until the end of the billing month it is absolutely essential that users have accurate information available when monitoring data usage to avoid out of plan charges and deciding how big an add-on may be needed.

The app fails miserably to provide the accurate data needed

Some of the problems:
  • When accessing the app using mobile data usage is artificially inflated by 50MB
  • The app reported I used 150 MB of my AddOn with 349MB remaining, the bill showed I had only used 130.79MB, a 20MB discrepancy
  • On 2/7/18 the app reported usage so far 441.82MB, 128.36MB More than the 313.46MB actually used according to the detailed billing
  • On 14/7/18 the app reported usage so far as 331.66MB, 22.42MB Less than the 354.08MB actually used according to the detailed billing

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hello @MymsMan,

It's difficult for us to investigate this here as we're only able to provide general troubleshooting.

We're already aware that the app reserves 50MBs of data when accessed over mobile data, however, it's also been confirmed that this is returned to you when you exist the app. This is simply a feature of the app.

In regards to the incorrectly reported allowances in the app, we'd require you to send us screenshots directly and we'll be able to cross reference this against the usage that's reported on your account.

I PM'ed you a week or two ago with how you can do this.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hello @MymsMan,

It's difficult for us to investigate this here as we're only able to provide general troubleshooting.

We're already aware that the app reserves 50MBs of data when accessed over mobile data, however, it's also been confirmed that this is returned to you when you exist the app. This is simply a feature of the app.

In regards to the incorrectly reported allowances in the app, we'd require you to send us screenshots directly and we'll be able to cross reference this against the usage that's reported on your account.

I PM'ed you a week or two ago with how you can do this.

Mohammed

I cannot, of course, go back in time to capture screen shots to show what the web page was showing two or three weeks ago but I am sure of the numbers quoted in my post because I cut and pasted them from the usage summary web page whilst writing my posts to my other thread.

I intend to keep a close track of what the usage data reports over the coming month, I will maintain a spreadsheet and take screen shots so that I can compare them to next months bill

Todays current You've already used: 8.28MB

Reply