Question

Need an IDmobile PAC

• 27 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I switched from Vodafone to idmobile yesterday. I now want to migrate my number back to vodafone but when I use the system to get a PAC I get the original vodafone PAC which I used to migrate in with, not an idmobile / three PAC.

No call centers are operating and no live chat is available

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Hope someone (IDmobile employee) can help please.

It looks like this is the only means of communicating with IDmobile (I do not use social media), not good for a communications organisation

I ported my number to idmobile on Thursday using a vodafone pac. The number transferred on Friday (Yesterday). By that time I'd realised that my IDmobile plan wasn't delivering what I wanted so I bought a new Vodafone contract. I requested a PAC from IDmobile but got sent the same PAC which Vodafone had sent me. Of course they won't / can't accept that PAC. The PAC expires on April 18th. I can not afford to use my / any ID mobile plan and after just 1 day I'm running out of services. I am currently trapped in an ineffective IDmobile plan with no access to support staff to help me to escape. Furthermore, the reception in my house is sooooo poor that I keep missing incoming calls and have to go outside to call them back, using up even more of my very limited and expensive minutes.

I NEED an IDmobile / Three PAC code so that I can move back to Vodafone.

I look forward to hearing from you

Russell

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Argy 

How was it you requested a PAC (code)?

Did you text PAC followed by your date of birth in DDMMYY format to 65075

If so, and you’re not getting the right result needed then please try reaching out to our Live Chat Team or our Social Media Team (through Facebook or Twitter).

We’re doing our best to help everybody we can as quickly as possible during the current pandemic.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thanks for your response. 

Yes, I requested it properly, that's how I know that the returned pac was the same as the one that I received from Vodafone, the same one which I used to port my number to idmobile. 

There is still no live chat and no 7777 support because of coronanavirus and, as I mentioned in my post, I do not use any form of social media.

I don't think it's unreasonable for a communications company to keep open some lines of direct communication.

If you know of any way of directly communicating with idmobile I'd be grateful.

Cheers 

Russell 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Argy,

We are sorry for the disruption during this time. We have based this decision on advice given to us by the Government as we want to keep our colleagues safe. We are still able to handle any questions you have in the iD Community. To help with most queries, there are loads of great features in the free iD Mobile app and in My Account online which can help during this time.

For your query though, if you have only just ported into us then you will need to wait for it to be completed fully before requesting a new PAC code. The porting system doesn’t operate on a weekend either (this is with all networks) so it might be worth texting the word PAC to 65075 on Monday afternoon to obtain a new PAC code to leave.

If this doesn't help, you can send us an email with your full name, full address, iD Mobile number and date of birth and we can supply you with a new PAC code. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

Not sure how to tell whether it has "fully ported" or not. On Wednesday last week I provided my Vodafone pac after dialling 7777 and speaking to an agent in South Africa. On Thursday morning the Vodafone number that I wanted to port in to idmobile now appears on my idmobile sim phone so. Does that count as fully ported? 

Wednesday and Thursday don't really count as weekends do they? Even Friday (when idmobile stopped providing support) doesn't either. 

If I log in to my idmobile account then request a pac through that portal as well as sending PAC and my dob in the format DDMMYY to 65705 I get the same Vodafone pac which I used on Wednesday.

I'll write to you as suggested.

Cheers 

Russell 

Why iD Mobile?