Question

No incoming calls or texts after number port

• 28 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi, I’m unable to receive calls or texts after porting over my number from Virgin Mobile a week ago. I’m a new customer of ID Mobile.  I can call out and use iMessage but can’t receive calls or texts. 

I have tried removing my SIM and restarting the phone, leaving for 5 mins without the SIM in then turning off, putting the SIM in and restarting.

7 replies

Hi, I have the same issue. I was told to post here by ID on Facebook Messenger.

I’m unable to receive calls or texts after porting over my number from Virgin Mobile a week ago. I’m a new customer of ID Mobile.  I can call out and use iMessage but can’t receive calls or texts. 

I have tried removing my SIM and restarting the phone, leaving for 5 mins without the SIM in then turning off, putting the SIM back in and restarting.

EDIT: Moved

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @MarkPollard,

Which phone are you using it in?

Does Data services work okay?

When did the port complete and can you send texts fine?

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed

Thanks for getting back to me.

The handset is an iPhone 11.

Data services are working ok as are calling out and iMessages. When I call out the correct number (the one I had ported over) shows on the receiving phone. 

I received a text message from ID on 22nd Sept saying my number had transferred over.

I can’t send text messages, nor receive them or incoming calls.

Many thanks

Mark

Hi

I still haven’t heard back about this. 

I’ve nearly two weeks without being able to send or receive texts or receive incoming calls. Could someone get back to me, please?

Many thanks

Mark

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @MarkPollard 

Extreme apologies a reply to this didn’t come sooner.

Please could you try the following:

Could you go to Settings > [Your Profile] > Name, Numbers, Emails
and then ensure within there that the correct number is showing?

You may possibly need to log out of iCloud or Apple ID in order to make the change.

Another method that has worked in the past for others is as follows...
Turn off the iPhone > Take out your SIM
Turn the iPhone back on (no SIM) > Leave on for a minute or so.
Pop the iD Mobile SIM back in the iPhone > Turn back on.

Please let us know how you get on.

Hi 

thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve just tried the steps you sent over, but I’m afraid that hasn’t fixed it. 

When I go into Names, numbers and emails it doesn’t show my number just my email. When I try to add my number it tries to send me a verification text, which doesn’t come through because I’m not receiving texts. iCloud doesn’t allow me to turn off 2 factor authentication.

I’ve restarted my phone without a SIM, but that hasn’t allowed me to receive texts or calls.

If you could let me know what the next steps are I would be grateful.

Thanks

Mark

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That is unusual @MarkPollard.

Are you able to remove the two step verification temporarily by logging into your Apple account on a computer?

Will

Why iD Mobile?