Solved

not receiving texy messages from virgin mobile

• 12 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Since moving to ID Mobile I don't seem to receive text messages from Virgin Mobile. Has anybody else experienced this issue? 

icon

Best answer by emrwilks 17 November 2020, 09:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @emrwilks we’ll be keen to help with this here.

Just to clarify though.

Are these OTP messages?  Such as verification code texts?

Or do you mean like regular text messages from people on the Virgin Mobile network?

If the latter, are you able to message them ok?  Is it just receiving that appears to be the issue?  

Userlevel 1

Hi, it's just regular texts. They receive my texts ok. When I first switched to id for the first couple of days I would receive the texts but hours after they were sent (2am for a text sent at 3pm the previous day) but now they don't even come through at all.

Userlevel 1

Are your contacts on Virgin Media using WiFi calling on their phones?

Virgin media have a problem with WiFi calling where texts get stuck in their system for a number of hours. I had to switch to ID due to them failing to admit that there was a problem. 

Userlevel 1

All sorted now, thanks for the suggestions. Turns out my text over wi-fi was on as default (new android phone) and I needed to verify my phone number in the messages app, which I've never had to do before. Strange how it was just certain contacts though.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @emrwilks,

I’m glad that this has been sorted and thanks @ps2mint for the suggestion there, I wasn’t aware of that fault so I’ll keep it in mind if I see something similar in the future!

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?