Solved

Old number ported back to iD and unable to register

• 17 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I have just ported my number back to iD. I have an old acount with the same info that is closed. Its not letting me re register my details no matter what I do. How do I register again with the same number?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 20 September 2020, 14:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @ukLauraC,

Sorry to hear that.

When trying to re-register, what part do you get up to before you can’t proceed?

You need to make sure you use a different email address to the one you used in the past.

I can see you’re using a Gmail/Googlemail address so to get around this, just put a follstop in the email.

For example:

If your email was  johnsmith@googlemail.com

You can register the account as john.smith@googlemail.com or even j.ohnsmith@googlemail.com 

Fullstops are ignored before the @ so any variation will work, you’ll just need to remember to type it the same when logging in.

Our systems will see this as a new email.

Not that it makes a difference, as all emails regardless of if this was john.smith or j.ohnsmith will still go the same address, but you can update the contact email if you’re just wanting to make sure after to whichever your email is once you’ve re-registered.

Mohammed

I went to register page and try to register with the old number that I ported from old network but it says "You are a registered user. Please login using your username & password"

When I go to login page it says "Your iD plan ended more than 6 months ago, so your online account has now been closed. If you need help, please call our customer services team on 0333 003 7777."

I had ID in the past but my number is still there. How can I register with my ported number when it doesn't allow me to ?

I just joined ID Mobile on 21 December 2021.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sham2021

Just to confirm, are you trying to re-use the same email address?

You should be able to re-register, but you’ll need to use a new email or it will say you’re already registered.

Try a different email and see if this works.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?