Question

Online chat never and option and no other way to contact CS

Why is it that the IDMobile online chat is NEVER active?

There seems to be no telephone number published either.

How on Gods green earth are we suppose to contact ID Mobile customer service?

I’m unable to register an account, it says the email is not valid, but its the one that is used here on the forum, even cut & paste from the forum to the account registration page doesnt work and generates the same error? How am I supposed to register and account?

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @welcome1 

Our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network is the best place to request a replacement sim. I have tested the Live Chat app and can confirm I was able to get through to an advisor. Once you entered your name, mobile number, and reason for the chat, you will be transferred to the iD chatbot, at this point just type in the word ‘Agent’ or ‘Human’ and you will get put through to an advisor who can assist you.  Also, We’re also contactable via Facebook and Twitter if you use those platforms. If you have trouble using those services then please let us know here and we’ll offer further support.

-Mohsin

please can i request a new sim as lost my phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @03richardse,

We’ll pick this up via your topic :)

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed, I've set up a new question as I'd like to cancel so if you could reply on that thread, that would be great instead thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, I’m having exactly the same issues as the above query. I have just joined IDmobile but cannot get through on any Live Chat Function and it kept saying I needed to register even thoug I’ve just set up an account. I have now made a random username so maybe that’s worked. How else are we supposed to contact IDmobile with any billing queries? Thanks

Hello @03richardse,

Just to clarify, The Community & iD app/account are 2 separate accounts.

That said, you can also speak to us here and we’re happy to provide support.

What exactly did you need help with regarding billing? Have you managed to log into your account now?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m having exactly the same issues as the above query. I have just joined IDmobile but cannot get through on any Live Chat Function and it kept saying I needed to register even thoug I’ve just set up an account. I have now made a random username so maybe that’s worked. How else are we supposed to contact IDmobile with any billing queries? Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Is there anything we might be able to help you with @drsteph123?

Will

Userlevel 1

Neptune is quite correct. Live Chat is never available. This company seems to have perfected being completely isolated from its customers. The one time I had a chance to get to Live Chat, it took 20 minutes so timed me out before I could speak to anyone.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Felix 

You would only ever need to give us a brief outline of what you need our help with here.  Anything more in-depth that we’d need to take a look at your account over, we’d reach out to you here by way of reply and then a private message if needed in order to help you further.

In this case, we’ll send you a private message in order to get the ball rolling.

The Live Chat availability can fluctuate depending on demand throughout the day.  Though the button will appear on the Contact Us page usually after a short while within the opening hours of that team generally.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

@Ryan 

@Kevin 

@neptuneuk Is completely right. I have also been trying to get through to IDmobile, with an issue I cannot disclose on the community. 

It’s so frustrating! I have been trying to contact ID for months and each time I ring 7777, I cannot get through, due to the call centres being closed down etc.. and then I try to use the “ONLINE CHAT” which I am encouraged to by the automated system.

like @neptuneuk said, It doesn’t matter what time of the day it is. There is never an option for the online chat AT ALL and AT ALL TIMES!

Seriously, how on Earth are we supposed to get in touch and rectify billing issues if your customers are never given the option to do so?

It doesn’t make any sense.

I am fairly new ID customer and I am really starting to regret changing networks because there is absolutely no way to contact you if I have an problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @neptuneuk,

We apologise for any upset caused. During busy periods, the chat function may close for a short while during the operating hours so it would be a case of checking back a short while later. I have just loaded the page now to check and they are currently accepting new chats.

When registering for an account, the email address used for the username is used only for logging into your account, as long as your contact email address is set to the correct one, you will be fine.

Ryan

Hi @Kevin 

With regard to online chat. I am aware of how live chat should work, which was why I specifically mentioned “online chat is NEVER active?” NO matter which day or time I visit I’m never presented with an online chat option.

No I’ve never been with IDMobile before.

It just keeping telling me the email address is not valid. Not that it’s already in use, but NOT valid.

In the end I registered with a spurious email address, which it did accept. Hope nothing important gets sent there and I couldn’t see anyway of changing it once I was logged in to my account.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @neptuneuk 

On the “Contact Us” page of our website, a button would pop up once our Live Chat are available to speak to.

We’re happy to help you here with any questions as needed.

Have you previously had an iD Mobile account registered with the email you’re trying to use?  As each iD Mobile account would need to be registered with it’s own unique username/ email address.

Your email and username for the iD Mobile Community here wouldn’t be associated with logging into the iD Mobile App or our website to manage your account.

Please try to register with a different email address, and let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Why iD Mobile?