Solved

Problem sending emails - "sending failed" message.

• 5 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

For the last 6 days I've been unable to send emails directly from my mail app on my phone.  I always get a "failed to send" message.  It's a blueyonder email address, linked to my Virgin Media account.  I've checked the outgoing mail settings and they seem correct. I can receive emails ok. If I go onto the internet and login to Virgin Media, then go to the email page, I can send emails from there, but not from the mail app on my phone. Can anyone advise me what to do? Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 December 2019, 13:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Steve Fuerteventura,

Sounds like an issue with the settings in the mail app or it may not be configured correctly.

To confirm you’re experiencing the issue sending emails both on Mobile data & on WiFi when using the app?

Trying to understand if the issue you’re reporting has to do with the iD network or solely an email issue?

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Perhaps this topic may help as the issue sounds similar: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Can-t-Send-Blueyonder-emails-since-TUESDAY/td-p/4005588

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the contribution Mohammed - the problem was with the outgoing email settings and I've now rectified it, though I'm still mystified as to how the glitch occurred. 

Regards, Steve 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you for the contribution Mohammed - the problem was with the outgoing email settings and I've now rectified it, though I'm still mystified as to how the glitch occurred. 

Regards, Steve 

Awesome, glad to hear it’s sorted @Steve Fuerteventura,

I couldn’t tell you here but it may have been a server issue that was temporary, who knows!

If you do have further issues, we’d recommend getting in touch with Virgin for support on this.

Kind Regards,

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?