Question

PUK

• 8 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Please can someone help me I need a PUK code or I cannot use my new sim at all!

I have bought a new SIM to use as data but I need a PUK code to use it on my device. I cannot get through to chat as it is unavailable and I need this data ASAP as I have to work from home in a bad wifi area. 
Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

hey @lisaframpton 

PUK Code is only needed when you type your Sim Pin Code wrong 3 times. Since you mentioned that your Sim Card is brand new I don't think you setup a Pin and then typed it wrong 3 times. I think it could by code needed to unlock your device from another provider. Lets say if you device was purchased from Vodafone directly then there is high chance that it will be locked to work only with Vodafone. To confirm my suspicion would you be able to make a picture of the screen that is asking you for the code? 

Here is wee screenshot from Google

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Hi the problem is I’ve put my SIM card into another phone and it’s asking for my puk code and I don’t have my sim packet to look on the back of it to see what it is please could you help 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Charleymae1234, have you tried contacting our Live Chat team?

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?