Solved

Remove old SIM from contract as blocking login for new SIM

• 4 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have a tricky problem. I had a ID Mobile SIM about 6 mths ago which i cancelled. That SIM was associated with my email address which i used to access the ID Mobile mobile app for tracking my data usage.

I have recently registered a new ID Mobile SIM but I cannot access the app as my old SIM is still registered to my email address - which is also linked to the app - and it just says "account unavailable as your plan ended over 6 mths ago"

Why does cancelling your contract not dissociate the cancelled SIM from your email address?? I can't be the only person who has ever cancelled a contract and then opened a new one can i?

Anyone got any ideas how i can fix?

Thanks
Steve
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 8 July 2019, 15:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Errr... that's not a great answer and cannot actually be true as I'm not sure what you are describing is actually legally compliant with GDPR law.

According to Data Protection and GDPR law I have the legal right to have all my data completely wiped from any online storage if I request it. That means I should be able to ask you to completely forget me therefore disassociating my email address from any previous products. If you can't do this it means you are storing my email details forever = not legal.

If what you say is true, your security officer should take a pretty quick look at your security policies.

Hello @stevebagge71,

Apologies for any misunderstandings. Simply un-linking the username from the old account isn't something we can do. Registering with a new email would be the best way to go about doing this.

Cancelling a contract would not lead to automatically deleting your account from our records.
If you're wanting for your information to be removed from our databases via GDPR, please visit our Privacy Policy here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/privacy-and-cookies

You should be able to complete this request via our Web Form and the Team will look into your request.

Aside from my previous response.... if what you say is true and not possible to add my email address to my new SIM, please advise how I can change the email address that is registered to my new SIM so I can use the mobile app

You will be able to register for a new iD account using a different email address to manage your account.
There is nothing stopping you keeping the same contact email address but it's not currently possible to have the same email address registered as a log-in for multiple accounts.

Mohammed
Aside from my previous response.... if what you say is true and not possible to add my email address to my new SIM, please advise how I can change the email address that is registered to my new SIM so I can use the mobile app
Errr... that's not a great answer and cannot actually be true as I'm not sure what you are describing is actually legally compliant with GDPR law.

According to Data Protection and GDPR law I have the legal right to have all my data completely wiped from any online storage if I request it. That means I should be able to ask you to completely forget me therefore disassociating my email address from any previous products. If you can't do this it means you are storing my email details forever = not legal.

If what you say is true, your security officer should take a pretty quick look at your security policies.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @stevebagge71,

Thank you for getting in touch. Unfortunately there is currently no way of disassociating a previous online account with the email address used to originally register the account. The only workaround at this point is to use a new email address to register your new account. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?