Question

Sim not registering correctly

• 12 April 2019
  • 1 reply

So I've been with iD for about 3 years with no probs at all until I factory reset my phone (xiaomi redmi note 4) went on holiday and couldn't get mobile data, Ive come across this before looked at APN's and sure enough it was set up as a 3 mobile so changed the APN to iD and the mobile data worked, happy days.
Then I found that I wasn't receiving all text messages, some but not all.
Back home tried online chat but ended up going into carphone warehouse and getting a new sim, no different, tried the sim in a samsung s10 it sets up fine, tried an EE sim in my xiaomi that sets up fine.
When it sets up as 3 mobile it registers a general APN and an mms apn separately the instructions on the website only give the manual values for the general APN, could the text issue be something to do with the missing mms APN when I put the values in manually perhaps?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Mart60,

The APN settings don't affect SMS Messages.
They only have an impact on MMS and Data.

Some settings will be, by default, populate but anything that isn't advised to be changed on our website should be left as it is.

In regards to receiving messages, have you tried texting your own number, if so, what happens?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?