Solved

SIM not supported and Unable to register account

• 27 January 2019
  • 3 replies

I've received sim only and when I put it in my old phone it says not supported. when I try to register to put in the PAC number the security number is sent to the new phone number on the sim but I can't access it. web chat has been unavailable for the last hour so can anyone help clarifying what I should do next please?

icon

Best answer by Kash 28 January 2019, 14:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ame,

Welcome to the community, we are here to help you out and hopefully we can get your query resolved swiftly.

Firstly please could you check if the handset that you are using is definitely unlock to all UK networks. If the handset is locked to the previous network provider, you would need to contact them directly to request an unlock. You can find further information regarding unlocking your handset here.

Regarding the registration of your account you would need to place the SIM into the handset so that you can obtain the security code that is sent via text message. If your handset is locked you can place the SIM in another handset to complete the registration process.

Please could contact the Live Chat Team hereso that we can get this resolved for you.

Kash

Hello Kash and thank you for replying. I will contact the current provider and get them to unlock. Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @Ame,

Unlocking the handset should get the issue resolved for you. Please let us know if you require any assistance and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?