Question

Unable to login with App

• 15 July 2018
  • 5 replies

New user. Successfully registered for account online.
I am logged in right now on the PC. But when I try to login to the App, it says 'username and password don't match'.
I use a password manager so I can assure you the username and password DO match.
Why is the App not working?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @scot,

We had more traffic using the app than usual over the weekend which may be the cause for the issues that you have faced so far. Have you been able to open and log into the app today? Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Ryan
No.
In fact, as I just tried again I get the message 'you have failed 6 login attempts, so your account is now locked for 30 minutes'.

And yet, I have just logged in with Chrome on my PC just seconds after getting the message on my phone. ie, my username and password are correct.

To add insult to injury, I just received an automatic, new customer email titled 'Are you getting the most out of your iD App?'. It is almost funny.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
No.
In fact, as I just tried again I get the message 'you have failed 6 login attempts, so your account is now locked for 30 minutes'.

And yet, I have just logged in with Chrome on my PC just seconds after getting the message on my phone. ie, my username and password are correct.

To add insult to injury, I just received an automatic, new customer email titled 'Are you getting the most out of your iD App?'. It is almost funny.

Hello @scot,

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

We don't support password managers as such, have you tried resetting the password and manually retyping this?

Mohammed
just reinstalled and tried again.
still says username and password don't match.
Tried logging in on PC through Chrome using the same username and password. Works just fine.
Double checked in Edge. Works just fine.
Used chrome on the phone. Works just fine.
Your App is the problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
just reinstalled and tried again.
still says username and password don't match.
Tried logging in on PC through Chrome using the same username and password. Works just fine.
Double checked in Edge. Works just fine.
Used chrome on the phone. Works just fine.
Your App is the problem.

Hello @scot,

Thanks for testing this for us.

I've PM'ed you on how we can get this resolved.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?