Solved

Upgrade - keeping the same number

• 19 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I am an iDmobile customer and have just upgraded to a SIM-only deal. What is the procedure for keeping my existing number? (I couldn’t find any detail on this in the FAQs)

icon

Best answer by Kevin 23 December 2020, 14:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Badge +10

@Andyroo 

If you use the features to upgrade or change your plan from your account dashboard then your existing number will continue with you!

Your are right it doesn’t mention this in the FAQ

Thanks for this. I upgraded through my account dashboard, but I’ve since received a generic ‘order complete’ e-mail that seems to indicate I am being sent a new SIM card, which is not needed. Will the upgrade only work on the new SIM card, and if so, how do I switch the existing number over to it? There is no information provided on this

Badge +10

@Andyroo 

Probably just a generic email however you can always send a private chat message to any one of the current active iD Mobile employees on here today!

Not recommend to do too often as they do not check their messages regularly.

Have a look at the most recent posts and you will see the active staff available, they should be able to give you a direct answer.

OK, thanks. Will do

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Andyroo 

Have you simply gone ahead and bought a brand new SIM from our website at this point?

If so, that will have it’s own number and be it’s own separate account you see, and we’d not be able to move one iD Mobile over from one account to another.

If you’ve just left a 24-month contract and you’re looking to move that number over to a SIM-only contract -or- if you’re just looking to do a Plan Change on an existing SIM-only contract you have.  Then you would generally just log in to your iD Mobile account (or register that first if you haven’t already).  Within the account area (online or through our iD Mobile App) you can then do the Plan Change within there.

Let either our Live Chat Team know or get back to us here if you have in fact just bought a new SIM that you do not want and we can send a private message to help you cancel that.

Why iD Mobile?