Question

how can I change my username

• 23 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi my daughter use to have a contract with you which I used my email for, its no longer in use. I wont let me link my new number to my email on here as her number is still registered with my email. How can I change it please.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Cookiesmudge02,

Unfortunately, if the email address was used as the username, we won’t be able to release it for use again. You will need to choose a different username I’m afraid.
You can still use your email address for contact purposes though.

Ryan

this is not helpfull i have exactly the same issue i registered my daughters sim in my email like an idiot now i am not able to register my own phone as i dont have a second email address 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @froggytori4,

The username is only used for log-in purposes. It’s treated as a plain text field.

You can have several emails with the same contact email though and this is where we contact for any enquiries.

Mohammed

i can not just chose a different username you have to enter an email address to register not a user name my email is already taken for my daughters phone i do not have another email address i do not want to create an email address ill never use and i have to remeber  every time i log in with ID, yes the contact email will be mine but i dont have one to register my phone does that make sence?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @froggytori4,

Setting up a new email address is free, and as it’s only for the purpose of logging in as a username, you can make it something nice and memorable.

Will

yes it is free but very inconvenient i have to then remember a new email address and password for an email im only ever going to use for this site 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @froggytori4,

Like @Mohammed said, you can use your preferred email address for us to actually contact you on across several accounts, so you’d never need to even log into the new email account once set up. It would purely act as a username for you iD Mobile account.

Will

Why iD Mobile?