Solved

Using an existing email address for a new account

• 30 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi there, I have an old account that closed quite a long time ago and I’m creating a new online account for my current phone number. Whenever I try to use my email to log in, a message pops up saying:

‘Your iD plan ended more than 6 months ago, so your online account has now been closed. If you need help, please call our customer services team on 0333 003 7777.’

If I try to create a new account, it won’t let me as my email address is linked to my previous account. How can I create a new account with the same email? Customer service over the phone and live chat is not available currently.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Kevin 30 July 2020, 17:48

Hi there @Tuskbug 

Unfortunately this is a limitation of our account system.  Each new account would need to be it’s own unique entity, with it’s own username and email attached.

If it’s a gmail address you’re using, you could add a fullstop into your email (to the left of the @gmail.com/@googlemail.com) and to our systems that will appear to be a new email, though mail would still arrive as it were to the email as if no full stop was included.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi there @Tuskbug 

Unfortunately this is a limitation of our account system.  Each new account would need to be it’s own unique entity, with it’s own username and email attached.

If it’s a gmail address you’re using, you could add a fullstop into your email (to the left of the @gmail.com/@googlemail.com) and to our systems that will appear to be a new email, though mail would still arrive as it were to the email as if no full stop was included.

Thanks Kevin, I’ll give it a try.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

No worries @Tuskbug,

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Will

Hi, is this still the case? Could I not have my old account reactivated instead and just attach my new contract details to it? 

Cheers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Chris2345,

This is still the case and we can’t reinstate an old account. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by that.

Ryan