April Community Newsletter Competition - Closed

April Community Newsletter Competition - Closed

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

70 replies

For old time’s sake, I would watch “Back To The Future”, as that was the the first film I can recall watching at the cinema with a stereo/surround sound soundtrack and I remember being impressed with the sound effects.

There is a special scene in War of the Worlds (with Tom Cruise) when the wind drops and then suddenly there’s a flash of lightening with thunder, which, on a normal TV, sounds like a ‘swish-bump’ but I would love to hear the proper sound effect using the quoted Samsung 5.1 sound system!

I would re-watch avatar , brilliant film with lots of special effects would be sweet with surround sound .

I would watch Apocalypse Now. Great film, soundtrack and atmosphere.

I’d watch The Blues Brothers. Perfect to share on-the-road trip and soulful music with lots of laughs to help us through this ‘stay home’ moment. 🙂 Looking forward to it with perfect sound:)

Userlevel 1

I’d binge watch all of the Star Wars films. I’ve never been interested, but I’ve fallen in love with Baby Yoda! 

It’s Easter! That means it’s time to gorge on chocolate eggs, feast with family and get stuck into some great Easter movies.

If you’ve got a great TV to keep yourself and the family entertained, that’s perfect! Only one more thing will take your shows, movies and games up a gear: a brilliant sound bar.

We’re offering one iD Community member the chance to win a Samsung Harman/Kardon HW-Q60R 5.1 Wireless Sound Bar to help make your Easter the best one yet. With eight speakers and Acoustic Beam technology, that big action sequence will feel like it’s taking place around you.

Plus, as soon as you start up your games console, the sound bar will instantly switch to Game Mode Pro. So, you’ll hear pinpoint sound accuracy that’ll give you the upper hand.

How to enter?

Entering this egg-cellent competition couldn’t be easier. All you have to do is answer the following question: “If you won, what would the first movie you’d watch with surround sound be and why?”

Make sure you post your answer in the comments below. Don’t miss out! The competition ends on Sunday 12th April, and we’ll reveal the lucky winner shortly after.

Best of luck, and have a cracking Easter!

T&Cs apply.

If I won, the first movie I would watch would be Avengers Endgame!! To hear the sound effects of Thanos’ and the Avengers duel it out 🙂

I'd watch Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. Imagine the noise of the lightsabers in surround sound - would send chills down the spine! 

Userlevel 3

I am a big kid at heart and I would watch Aladdin! With this soundbar the music will be amazing 😊

With the kids at home, it would have to be Wall-E just to enjoy the robots talking

It’s Easter! That means it’s time to gorge on chocolate eggs, feast with family and get stuck into some great Easter movies.

If you’ve got a great TV to keep yourself and the family entertained, that’s perfect! Only one more thing will take your shows, movies and games up a gear: a brilliant sound bar.

We’re offering one iD Community member the chance to win a Samsung Harman/Kardon HW-Q60R 5.1 Wireless Sound Bar to help make your Easter the best one yet. With eight speakers and Acoustic Beam technology, that big action sequence will feel like it’s taking place around you.

Plus, as soon as you start up your games console, the sound bar will instantly switch to Game Mode Pro. So, you’ll hear pinpoint sound accuracy that’ll give you the upper hand.

How to enter?

Entering this egg-cellent competition couldn’t be easier. All you have to do is answer the following question: “If you won, what would the first movie you’d watch with surround sound be and why?”

Make sure you post your answer in the comments below. Don’t miss out! The competition ends on Sunday 12th April, and we’ll reveal the lucky winner shortly after.

Best of luck, and have a cracking Easter!

T&Cs apply.

I would watch Avatar in 3d.

Watching a fantastic film with brilliant sound provided by a great soundbar.

Couldn't get any better

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I would like to watch quite a few movies with new sound quality system. I would start with “Donnie Darko” which is my all time favourite production, then I would try out ”Greatest Showman” as I love all the songs from the movie and finish it up with “Spider-Man Far from Home” and “Joker” as I did not watch it yet at all and need to catch up with DC and MCU :)

Inception, an incredible piece of art with a soundtrack from one of the most legendary composers of modern film making; Hans Zimmer. A sound system like that would take the film to a next level.

We would watch our favourite family movie The Greatest Showman - the songs would sound amazing with a sound bar! 

Userlevel 2

Sister act, not seen it in ages, could do with something uplifting on tv, and think the sound bar would be great with it.

I would watch the Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring - just started introducing our boys to Lord of the Rings and really missed the  bass boom when Sauron is defeated by Isildur at the beginning of the film as we no longer have 5.1!!

I would watch the musical ‘Paint Your Wagon’. The Samsung 5.1 Sound Bar would create a cinema feel to a true classic and memories of when I took my dear departed parents to see it when first released.

Userlevel 2

Raiders of the Lost Ark - it was one tv last night and the sound from my tv was rubbish!!

Userlevel 3

Would have to be Avengers - End game, can only imagine how some of the scenes would hit with that sound bar.

Userlevel 1

I would whatch 2001 a space odessey, to really appreciate the soundtrack,, which is highly rated.

Why iD Mobile?