Helping you manage your account – improvements to our app and online account services

• 28 April 2020
  • 6 replies
Helping you manage your account – improvements to our app and online account services
Userlevel 3
Badge

Now more than ever, we know how important it is for customers to be able to manage their accounts quickly and easily. We’ve taken on board feedback from our community members and comments in the app stores to make some key improvements to the iD Mobile app and My Account online.

When you next log in to the iD Mobile app, you’ll be prompted to download the newest version from the app store (either the App Store if you use Apple or the Google Play Store if you use Android). If you’ve got automatic updates turned on, this will happen in the background.

You don’t need to do anything to access the latest version of My Account online, you’ll see this automatically when you next log in.

What updates have been made?

Compatibility

We’ve made sure the iD Mobile app and My Account online work with all the newest internet browsers and phone operating systems, to ensure smooth running on the very latest technology.

Listened to your feedback

We heard you and have taken action. We’ve added a ‘Dismiss’ button to the upgrade pop-up message and made it easier to upgrade through the app. We’ve added the date you’re going to port your number across, so you know exactly when it’s going to happen.

Bug fixes

We’ve fixed a few things that were broken, like the postcode look-up and the date of birth calendar.

Easier payments

We’ve made it that little bit easier to make payments through the app.

Staying in the loop

And lastly, we’ve included more ways for you to update your communication preferences, so you can choose whether you want to hear about the latest news and offers from us.

6 replies

Can I manage my two IDMobile phone accounts on the app now? I haven’t been able to manage one of my phones for weeks

I have 4 ID mobiles that I use for my family.  Each logged under a seperate email address, can I control all 4 from my one main account please.  It is a pain having to log into each account every time.  Thanks

Thank you - do you have an ETA on when the fix will be applied so we can log in again using touch ID or our PIN please?

Userlevel 2

Hello @jjjkkk and @SueThompson3 

Currently iD mobile use email address as the unique identifier for the account owner which means two accounts cannot be created under the same email address and a separate login is required for each account.  We apologise for the inconvenience.   Account linking is in our future plans, however it is not something we are able to service on our App and MyAccount at the moment.

To switch between accounts, select "Switch User" from the login page.

Many thanks

Userlevel 2

Hello @melmorc ,

I have sent you a private message with regards to the PIN issue so we can look into this further for you.

Many thanks

Sophia

Hello @jjjkkk and @SueThompson3 

Currently iD mobile use email address as the unique identifier for the account owner which means two accounts cannot be created under the same email address and a separate login is required for each account.  We apologise for the inconvenience.   Account linking is in our future plans, however it is not something we are able to service on our App and MyAccount at the moment.

To switch between accounts, select "Switch User" from the login page.

Many thanks

Hi @Sophia,

hope add on sim or phone contract features will follow soon, a must have feature for families and people with multiple devices. 

thank you. 

Why iD Mobile?