Huawei P30 Pro Competition! - Closed

Userlevel 8
Badge

When spring is in bloom, we just want to capture it. And there’s no better way than with the brand new Huawei P30 Pro with its 40MP Leica camera.

For your chance to get your hands on one, simply comment below your top tip for taking pics on your phone. We’ll choose one at random to WIN!

Lights, (phone) camera, action…

Competition ends midnight on Sunday 7th April.

Good Luck!

T&C's Apply

140 replies

Userlevel 3
My top THREE tips are:

• Avoid zooming in.
  • Capture small details.
  • Use natural light.
Job done, potentially a perfect photo!

Dave
Userlevel 1
Tkae your time to ensure that you

Competition Opens Monday 1st April

When spring is in bloom, we just want to capture it. And there’s no better way than with the brand new Huawei P30 Pro with its 40MP Leica camera.

For your chance to get your hands on one, simply comment below your top tip for taking pics on your phone. We’ll choose one at random to WIN!

Good Luck!

T&C's Apply
Userlevel 1
This is difficult but always have a phone with a good camera and take your time!
Userlevel 3
To me, the two things everyone should know about that will have the biggest impact in the photos they take is knowing the basics of composition and lighting.

Most camera apps have the ability to enable “grid lines” which adds lines that split the camera view into 9 rectangles. Instead of putting your subject of interest bang in the centre, try instead centring the subject where one sett of horizontal and vertical lines meet. This technique is called the rule of thirds, where our brains focus on any of the for intersections and is probably one of the easiest photography ‘tricks’ to understand. While you are ‘framing up’ your subject in one of those intersections, why not try experimenting with taking the photo from a higher or lower angle (standing on something or crouching down). Because we are not used to looking at the world from these angles, it can add drama and interest to the photo.

A simple tip for lighting with shots of the family on a bright sunny day is to find some shade. Bright light might seem light great light for a photo, but can be too harsh and cause light colours to ‘blow out’. No-one wants white cheek highlights and a white top blinding everybody! Shade can also help avoid people squinting, which isn’t a flattering look!

Finally, be bold! Even if your phone doesn’t have the ‘best’ camera, doesn’t mean it can’t take a great photo if you use it carefully. Don’t believe me?
https://www.androidauthority.com/professional-photographer-cheap-smartphone-camera-967007/

Here is a great article on composition:
https://www.ephotozine.com/article/9-top-photography-composition-rules-you-need-to-know-17158

And for lighting:
https://www.canva.com/learn/beginners-guide-natural-light-use-take-great-photos/
Keeping as still at possible whilst taking the photo and just after as you don't want a blurry picture!
Userlevel 1
My top tip is make sure the flash it turned on , makes a big difference in quality of photo
Userlevel 1

Competition Opens Monday 1st April

Good Luck!

T&C's Apply

My advice is take multiple photos of the shot you need from multiple angles and try using natural light where possible.
Userlevel 2
There's only one rule. Only ever take one selfie; the world is far more interesting than we are.
Get your settings right beforehand. Use a bag or rucksack as a Platform and avoid the glare.
Userlevel 1
My tip: Don't be scared of taking too many photos - digital photography allows us to do this and then sort through afterwards. This is especially important in capturing 'that moment' at an event - you'll never forgive yourself if you miss it.
Here's a tip: When shooting portrait photo's, try to keep your subjects eyes about 2/3 up the frame.
when shooting in low light/dark/night blue tag the phone to something (wall, desk, chair, rail...) and take the picture on timer
Userlevel 1
Click away: photos can always be deleted! This is the beauty of the digital age!

Lighting! Cameras are never going to cope well if the sun is behind the subject of your image.

Experiment! Have a good look in the settings for the camera on your phone. Playing around with the ISO can have some nice effects.

Good luck!
Take the same shot multiple times as you can always go back and choose a favourite. But you can’t go back and have that same moment you captured again.
Userlevel 4
My top tip for taking photos is to always try and use natural light instead of flash.
Userlevel 1
my top tip - reduce the exposure on the phone - you can always recover the detail later with a photo app, but if you go with the default exposure, so much of it just blurs to white.
Userlevel 1
Top tips for taking photos...!!!! Snap snap snap.... can always delete the rubbish ones 😁😁
My top tip when using the zoom is to support your elbows on a stable surface to eliminate the shakes 😃
Userlevel 1
Always make sure you have plenty of natural light
Keep your elbows together for a steady shot
Use burst shot then pick out your best
Make sure what you are taking picture of is interesting
Don't zoom in, you can always crop the photo afterwards
Userlevel 1
LEICA is a perfect photo assistant
Dive low and sour high
It's the angles that make my eyes fly
That red dot sharply
Melting into low f-stops
Sinking into high class depths
Edges of perfect reality
Snap-happy!
Userlevel 1
Always check out what's in the background - make sure it's not messy, or looking like something's coming out of the top of someone's head, or the washing is on next-dor's line when capturing your own garden. Some things are not noticeable until you look back on your pictures.
Userlevel 1
If you need to zoom in on a subject and don't have a tripod to keep the phone steady, try and use a fence/table/other support and your pics will come out much sharper!
Need an extra close up of the birds in the garden, put your phone camera against a pair of binoculars and get a great shot.
Userlevel 1
The good list for taking good pics!
1. natural light for the best colouring
2. Arms close for better stable bility
3. Make sure you test the different setting om ur phones camera to find the best one to for the environment

Userlevel 1
When taking picture of a child, get down to their level or lower.

Why iD Mobile?