May Community Newsletter Competition - CLOSED

May Community Newsletter Competition - CLOSED
Userlevel 3
Badge

Welcome to the May competition! The High St might be shut, but that doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself to some of the latest tech online!

What’s the prize?

This month we are giving away two £50 Currys PC World vouchers to use on the website for two lucky winners! Fancy starting or adding to a smart home setup? Been looking for that new TV or sound system to bring the cinema to your living room? Or maybe you are looking to treat your kitchen to some shiny new appliances.

How to enter

For a chance to win, all you need to do is tell us ‘What is your most used home appliance is and why you’d want to upgrade it

Make sure you post your answer in the comments below. Don’t miss out! The competition ends at midnight on Sunday 10th May, and we’ll reveal the lucky winner shortly after.

Best of luck and we hope you have a great month!

The legal stuff

Terms and Conditions apply

This topic has been closed for comments

62 replies

Userlevel 3

My most used home appliance is the dishwasher but soon I will need to upgrade it due cracks forming around the dishwasher which prevents it from completing the cycle. 😕

Userlevel 1

The most used item in my kitchen is my electric griddle. It is easy to use and heats up quickly . It is now getting old with things sticking more so i would love to upgrade to a new model.

I use my television the most but it has a bad picture and terrible sound would love a new one 

Userlevel 1

My most used home appliance is my laptop, so I can work from home - and be in contact with the outside world! I’d like to upgrade it so I would have a more modern one :slight_smile:

Likewise - dishwasher.  I’d like to upgrade it because my current one (not that old) does a pretty poor job at cleaning the dishes and takes up to three hours!

Userlevel 2

My coffee machine gets a lot of use, probably excessive! I would love to upgrade to a bean to cup model. Might as well enjoy my vice.

Userlevel 1

Has to be the tv, as the guide now only shows you what’s on next and not what’s on the for the rest of the day. 

Hi,

Most used appliance is our cooker. I would love to upgrade it as my grill element has just blown our mains and now won’t work -Help!

Richard

Userlevel 1

Has got to be the blender. We’ve been making some great house smoothies since the lockdown began (bannana and blueberry breakfast smoothie this morning), so something to make them even better would be great!

Userlevel 1

My Most used device is the TV. With kids at home & helping to keep them entertained after home work & family time. I need a smart TV to allow watching of streaming services.

My most used appliance is our radio alarm clock, however due to being in an area of very poor reception it is needing upgrading to something that works!

Userlevel 1

Definitely my old Sony TV. Originally a Smart TV it got less and less Smart as time went on. Now I rely on my Firestick to do all the Smart business but I'd like to upgrade to 4k as my eyesight isn't the best. And best of all the Sony still has some life and my student son would love it.

Userlevel 1

Most used by far in our house is the radio. Constant source of entertainment and information and keeps us all sane during lockdown. It’s got pretty beaten up during it’s life in the kitchen. Would love to upgrade it to a smart new version - in both senses of the word smart.

My bird box camera has been e delight especially now during lockdown. I would dearly love to upgrade to be able to record the most interesting moments to show the grandchildren when this pandemic is over!

I use my laptop most. It definitely needs an upgrade, had to buy a cheap tablet style laptop as an emergency and  haven’t been able to replace it with a more suitable model yet. I’m in a new stage of my learning now and really could do with some better specs. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Split decision between TV and Laptop

The microwave is used extensively but the surface layer inside has corroded substantially and is peeling off. I wonder if we are in danger of microwaving the surroundings, ourselves and 3 cats when cooking our long queued for food. But having said that,  the oven has packed in and the washing machine vibrates so much that I have visions of the nurse next door, who works night shifts, shaking in her bed. 

Userlevel 1

Got to be my old television. Just can't get hold of the replacement valves anymore and I would love to watch things in colour. Apparently, these new colour ones are clever as well(or was that smart). 🤔😂

Userlevel 1

Firstly TVs are not appliances they are electronics!

The appliance I'd upgrade is the coffee machine as these new Lavazza products look great and would make mornings a little less hassled.

Userlevel 1

Microwave is my most used appliance. So useful for defrosting, cooking, reheating and warming through food. It would be great to upgrade it to a  combination microwave which would be even more useful. 

Userlevel 1

Firstly TVs are not appliances they are electronics!

The appliance I'd upgrade is the coffee machine as these new Lavazza products look great and would make mornings a little less hassled.

Sounds like you get pretty hassled by people not putting correct answers down😂

Userlevel 1

My most used appliance is my coffee machine, and I’m going to have to upgrade it soon because if this lockdown continues I’m going to wear it out! 

Userlevel 1

My Tumble dryer is vital over winter. It's old and too small though can't fault it's reliability and we've been putting it through its paces for many years. We need an upgrade so I can get more in it. 

My most used appliance is the toaster and I want to upgrade it because we’ve had it for ten years and it doesn’t work properly anymore.

My radio. Constant companion during the lockdown, but sometimes fades completely. Would love a new one with DAB & FM.

Why iD Mobile?