May Community Newsletter Competition - CLOSED

May Community Newsletter Competition - CLOSED
Userlevel 3
Badge

Welcome to the May competition! The High St might be shut, but that doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself to some of the latest tech online!

What’s the prize?

This month we are giving away two £50 Currys PC World vouchers to use on the website for two lucky winners! Fancy starting or adding to a smart home setup? Been looking for that new TV or sound system to bring the cinema to your living room? Or maybe you are looking to treat your kitchen to some shiny new appliances.

How to enter

For a chance to win, all you need to do is tell us ‘What is your most used home appliance is and why you’d want to upgrade it

Make sure you post your answer in the comments below. Don’t miss out! The competition ends at midnight on Sunday 10th May, and we’ll reveal the lucky winner shortly after.

Best of luck and we hope you have a great month!

The legal stuff

Terms and Conditions apply

This topic has been closed for comments

62 replies

I depend on my laptop for work every day. I have had it for several years and ran out of space on it now; it’s about time I upgrade so I can improve the speed at which I complete assignments.

Userlevel 2

Cakes made in lockdown cheer us on our way 😀

For birthdays 🎉 key workers 👩‍⚕️ and VE Day 🇬🇧 

#PositivePandemic... I’ve muscles galore 💪 

But my arm is aching - I can’t take much more 😬

A £50 voucher 💴 means I could replace

My broken food mixer and make some more cakes 🧁 🍰 🎂 

Userlevel 1

I’d love to upgrade my security cameras - I use to see who’s at the door before opening, keep an eye on my property, and the best thing - watch my evening visitors, a pair of hedgehogs :green_heart: The picture is pretty grainy so a better camera would be fab.

Userlevel 2

My most used appliance is our tumble dryer, it is making some worrying noises so not sure whether it will last much longer!

Userlevel 3

Probably a toss-up between my tumble-dryer and washing machine - both are used equally as often and both could do with getting replaced after many years of service!

Userlevel 1

my most used appliance is the tv, I would like to be able to upgrade it to a smart tv

Userlevel 1

My most used appliance is my iPad, and I’d love an upgrade because I can’t install any updates anymore! 

My most used item is the washing machine always on with two teenagers in the house it’s always on so couldn’t live without it.

I dropped our cafetiere and it's smashed but instead of another one I'd like to put the money towards an actual coffee machine please. 😊

Userlevel 1

My washing machine..need to upgrade it now that my family has grown.

My kettle & toaster I use the most in the kitchen

Userlevel 2

TV, which is getting plenty of use during lockdown.  We could really do with something bigger...

Userlevel 3

Our kitchen sink isn't an appliance yet but I would love to upgrade it to a dishwasher!! Standing there washing up the dishes is the worst chore I think so I'd be a very happy bunny to be able to put a dishwasher in. 🤞🤞

My most used appliance is my electric kettle. It is getting on a bit and is noisy when heating. Perhaps a swish new model would be less intrusive when others are watching TV.

My fridge freezer. The seal along the top is coming away. There is always a pool of water on the top shelf and a bit of mould in some places 😬 Not good so once the lockdown is relaxed, we need to get ourselves to Currys for a brand new one. High time!

Userlevel 2

My most used appliance is my oven and hob. I seem to be forever cooking and baking.  I desperately need a new one as I’ve had this since I moved in here 23 years ago, and it’s faulty. every time i switch it on it trips the fuse box.  (Which doesn’t go down well when family are playing online games or talking to their GF’s on skype!) One of the rings stopped working years ago too.   I do all my washing up by hand, but can not live without the cooker! 

£50 off a new laptop would be nice as mine has finally given up on me and online shopping is not great on a smartphone. 

Difficult to prioritise but washing machine as won’t have one once lockdown has ended ... 

Userlevel 1

Most used appliance in this house must be our old iPad ( 2nd feneration. Now more and more apps not applicable. 

I'm not being 'ironic' but I would like less wrinkles.  Although I can't do much about my face, a powerful new steam iron for crease free clothes would be ace!

Userlevel 1

It would be my TV and it needs updating or upgrading as it's over 10 years old. It's served me well but in TV years it's well passed its sell by date.

Userlevel 1

The most used appliance this period is my TV. Watching my favourite series and movies having a little escape from the routine and enjoying with all family.Unfortunately is not a new one and an upgrade would be fantastic!

Userlevel 1

OK, so now that I have been informed that my first answer was wrong, I will try and atone with a correct/more suitable answer. I am torn between two. A new food mixer would be heaven, as I keep getting splinters off my old wooden spoon. Also a new washing machine would be fab, as the rollers on my old mangle tub are that old and worn, the gap between then them is too big to squeeze out the clothes properly😁

My kettle, it’s constantly on the go, I’d like to upgrade it for a more modern design.

I tend to get more use out of my laptop than anything else, especially since it was linked with my mobile telephone and ID-Mobile account.  I am most definitely ready to replace it as I need MASfiles.SES more hard disk space for my work and leisure 

Why iD Mobile?